Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Corona Fishing Advice March 2020

Re: Corona Fishing Advice March 2020

baitable - wonder if you've heard any updates!

Update from State minister 31st march
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Crazy, I work in the meat industry and the company makes no attempt to keep us apart and yet I cant even go fishing by myself or with my wife, totally ridiculous .

Quote Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
    Crazy, I work in the meat industry and the company makes no attempt to keep us apart and yet I cant even go fishing by myself or with my wife, totally ridiculous .
    You can still go out fishing. See Phil’s post above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The message is clear & loud ....... No going boating or fishing - it does not fall within the guidelines of what is acceptable travel
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
    You can now.

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    The message is clear & loud ....... No going boating or fishing - it does not fall within the guidelines of what is acceptable travel
    See Phil’s post above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In a statement to 7NEWS.com.au, Bailey further clarified people can still use their boats in Queensland waters for essential reasons.
    “If you own a boat and want to head out in the water in your local community to fish for food this weekend, you can,” he said.
    “If you need your boat to travel locally in your community, you can still do that.
    “If you want to head out on your kayak or stand up paddle board for exercise, you still can.

as of 1 hour ago.

Nowhere does it mention " acceptable travel " ???? does it ?

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Where are you quoting this from ?

The Federal Govt guidelines say this, BUT, the States issue their own directives, as per Scomo's speech yesterday and today.

So we are allowed to go boating and Fishing... under Qld directives, guidelines and rules as of 31st march 2020. That could change tomorrow

The only confusing thing is " locally "... who determines this ?

cheers

I’m with Phil. QLD rs have been given the ok to fish as long as it’s within our local areas and we obey social distancing. That just means one deckie and one skipper. This can change on a day to day basis. Backed up by news, mark bailey the transport minister and also vmr

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    Where are you quoting this from ?

The Federal Govt guidelines say this, BUT, the States issue their own directives, as per Scomo's speech yesterday and today.

So we are allowed to go boating and Fishing... under Qld directives, guidelines and rules as of 31st march 2020. That could change tomorrow

The only confusing thing is " locally "... who determines this ?

cheers
    It's a Qld thing

While boating hasn't been banned ……. to quote

There’s no reason for anyone to be taking the boat out unless it’s for essential travel to get to work, to and from your home, to local shops for provisions or catching fish for your family.

http://statements.qld.gov.au/Stateme...se-to-continue

I wonder how long this will remain the case ……. it's one big mixed message

So you can go for a fish - to feed the family ……. so what about those that fish catch & release ? If you don't intend to catch a fish & keep it …. then you shouldn't be out in a boat - according to the guidelines

I would be surprised if this remains the case for very long ?

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by baitable View Post
    I’m with Phil. QLD rs have been given the ok to fish as long as it’s within our local areas and we obey social distancing. That just means one deckie and one skipper. This can change on a day to day basis. Backed up by news, mark bailey the transport minister and also vmr
    Do you think that this "local area" & "catching a feed for the family" is written for indigenous people ?

define local ? ….. I wouldn't consider someone driving from Ipswich to the Gold Coast for a fish as local ?

Just sayin.

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

What about in nsw? Whats the go there. My kids have been holed up for a couple of weeks and have been asking if we can go out in the boat. I have been telling them no, not at this stage. I will not need to go to servo to get fuel, have bait in the freezer, will go straight to the ramp, if people there wait till they have dispersed then go put the pots out and a quick fish.........? As i live in Byron which has been loaded with backpackers completely showing disregard for the situation, i feel it 100% safer going out to get some crabs and fish for dinner instead of heading into town to go to the local Aldie or Woolies...... by far...

Based on the current advice from QLD Minister for Transport and Main Roads, I went for a solo fish yesterday from Manly QLD between 4-11AM. There were three other boats launching at the same time from the club ramp and two from the nearby public ramp. However, very few boats on the water around Tangalooma point although I did count 6-8 boats fishing the western red beacon of the Pearl shipping channel. Plenty of land fishos at the Manly harbour point fishing off the rocks. I passed the new police boat coming out of Manly harbour at around 11.00AM and was not apprehended or challenged. I routinely check the QLD Maritime Safety website daily for updates, and I am hoping to fish the Brisbane river early tomorrow morning. SS.