Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fishing report for Pumicestone Passage pleae

Fishing report for Pumicestone Passage pleae

Can't find any up to date fishing report for the passage. Kids want to try sandcrabbing. Thanks in advance

Re: Fishing report for Pumicestone Passage pleae

If there's no reports, take the kids, do your best and let us know how you went, rather than simply relying on others to do the legwork, just give it a shot.

Thanks Noelm. Very helpful. I remember when this site used to be great for advice and tips. I wasn't after spot X or secret spots just seeing what activity was around. The fishing reports I use as a guide aren't reporting due to corona (Google coastwatch) You see I like to research my trips a little in the hope that a good day on the water keeps the kids wanting to go fishing and off their bloody electronic devices. Where I live I am blessed to have a multitude of options within 30mins of home. So if a friendly helpful fisher person was to say the passage is full of weed then I would go somewhere else.
    So rest assured I will still go and self isolate with the family on the boat for the day and I might even improve this site a little by doing a report when I get home.

As I type this , my daughter is posting photos on Faceache of all the whiting she is catching in the Broadwater. I expect they should also be around in Pumistone. I’ve been wanting to go to Pumistone for the last week or so, but decided to just stay home for a few weeks.

Went for a fish in the passage today, 2 flathead 59 and 55 cm and a 59cm jackass murwong, also a 34cm bream, if you go my tip is to fish the edges of the big sandbanks or drift along them if your using lures.

Ally the sand banks hold some decent fish one time me and a couple mates went to the local lake on sunset we arrived just before dark 22kms upstream brackish water mix of salt and fresh and as soon as i got down on the sand low tide i seen the shape of a nice 50cm flathead in the sand we later hooked up but lost it

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

Thanks everyone for your replies. I will put up a report in the saltwater section

How did you go Still_Dreaming?

A mate fished yesterday and today in the northern part of the Passage and pulled some real big geckos, an 87, 82 and 75, all released as well as a few keepers. Looks like an interesting period coming up.

Heading out later today as I am now residing at Golden Beach.

There have been a few good lizards up near the mouth on livies and the odd bream too. Fingers crossed.

Will have the kayak back out on the water in the next few days too.

Best of luck. Monday, Tuesday should be the days, bit more flow thsn the last couple of days.

Well, nothing to report sadly guys.

Land based on daybreak yesterday, up near the Pelican Waters boat ramp. Could not giveaway a bait, mullet gut and some flesh strip baits.

Getting a new PFD, kayak will be launched very soon and I'll be amongst them, fingers crossed

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4frog View Post
    Well, nothing to report sadly guys.

Land based on daybreak yesterday, up near the Pelican Waters boat ramp. Could not giveaway a bait, mullet gut and some flesh strip baits.

Getting a new PFD, kayak will be launched very soon and I'll be amongst them, fingers crossed
    so once the yak is sorted are you going to soak baits or use lures?

I fished the Donnybrook region Friday, the westerly was a pain pushing me off the banks, scored 3 flathead a big golden trevally (pest fish) and a nice big bream, had lots of bream tapping my plastics that were meant for flathead..

Blog Entries

I hit the water at 4:45 am this morning and landed 3 fat ones in the kayak. Just cast in close to the mangroves.

beautiful sunrise too