Thread: End of Sheik

End of Sheik

After 22 years of Sheik of the Creek on ABC radio, local newspapers and Qld Fishing Monthly, Sheik of thee Creek column has left the building. Tough times have forced QFM to reassess their business, and so I'm off the page. No complaints as they have to run a business so they're cost cutting but just a bit sad is all after these years. Never mind, me and the Dudds will continue to break and bend stuff and injure ourselves; people just won't read about it. So if a Dudd falls over in a tinny, and no one is there to hear it, did it really happen...?

Re: End of Sheik

Quote Originally Posted by Sheik View Post
    After 22 years of Sheik of the Creek on ABC radio, local newspapers and Qld Fishing Monthly, Sheik of thee Creek column has left the building. Tough times have forced QFM to reassess their business, and so I'm off the page. No complaints as they have to run a business so they're cost cutting but just a bit sad is all after these years. Never mind, me and the Dudds will continue to break and bend stuff and injure ourselves; people just won't read about it. So if a Dudd falls over in a tinny, and no one is there to hear it, did it really happen...?
    Sorry to hear that Sheik. Whether we like it or not, we are all headed for a major re-set. For a short time at least, health will be the most valuable commodity. Hope we can still go fishing, but I expect it to be off the agenda too.

That's sad news, I have always enjoyed your ramblings in QFM. Think we all have mates like yours that turn a fishing trip into an adventure. Hopefully you will return in better times

Thanks mate, bit sad but onwards and upwards