Thread: Diawa saltist coastal rod rateing

Diawa saltist coastal rod rateing

Since the dollar has plummeted which has put a hold on importing rod bits from the USA and there was a sale at bcf I thought I'd buy a 4to7kg rod my first in store bought rod in 20years it looked like a thin blank for the rating and after getting it home and putting up against a 4to10 lb stick not kg I think the idiots that signed off on this rod should be poked in the eye with the rod because whipping him with it would not hurt because it has no backbone it loads up too the forgrip not what im used too if your buying one of these rod I'd go up a weight to get what your looking for.

I don't think it would catch a 3kg fish with any confidants let alone a 4kg fish that was dead,owell a visitors rod i think to catch bream and flathead not a rod for bay snapper, its not a light coastal rod I've caught bass that would have overloaded the rod or a dirty 40cm jack would kill it ,just my 5cents worth I think the crap that they write about there products should be removed from there advertizeing it's a lie.

Re: Diawa saltist coastal rod rateing

Chris , many moons ago i used to do a wee bit of Custom Rod Building and yes dont think i did too bad a job till my eyesight and handshakes started waning . Now its visists to the local BCF , Anaconda or Tackle World Stores and for the price it cost me alone to build a Rod i can now buy three or four Rods ..
    May not be of equal quallity but what the heck , break one under twelve months and its covered under warrenty. Lose it over the side which happens not only when you have younguns onboard but also when your trying to fish with too many Rods at the same time, ferget to loosen the drag and a fish comes along and takes your Rod n reel for a swim!!..Not too big a woory as the cost loss wasnt that big , and must say some of these less expensive Rods comming out of these Stores arent all that bad far as im concerned ey.
    Not sure about you Daiwa Saltist but ive purchased four Shimano Catanas over the last two or so years , two being the 732 Snapper 6-8kg Spin Sticks and really like them. Mind you snapped one halfeway down from the tip after getting a Nice Big Bull Shark yesterday and kinda felt a wee bit misserable at the loss afterwards. Hopefully Anaconda can retrieve my purchase date and cover under warrenty otherwise just go buy anothery.
    Like these Rods for chasing Estuary Grunter , Salmon etc though doubt i would use them chasing big reds or nannies offshore ..
    Point is you can get reasonable Rods out of the like of the above stores at good prices without leaving a hole in ones pocket..

Re: Diawa saltist coastal rod rateing

It was cheap Volvo,i can strip it for parts if it snaps and get a blank for the bits ,but its rating is no way what it says on the table,ive got mhx and shikari 10to17lb rods and just wanted something a little bit lighter like 8to15lb as I've got a few 4to10lb sticks and this Daiwa rod is not what it says it is that's for sure.