Thread: Another one for the vintage enthusiasts

Another one for the vintage enthusiasts

Hey Guys
    Here is another of my DAM reels from Germany.
    This is my oldest DAM reel at 64 years of age and it is still functioning perfectly.
    Was lucky enough to find one with the copper coloured side plate . Not easy to come across.
    This is an early 280. The only plastic on this reel is the handgrip and the spool cap. DAM made their line rollers from tungsten carbide
    so anything softer than a diamond will not mark it.
    cheers
    Reggy

280 FINESSA.jpg

Re: Another one for the vintage enthusiasts

With the box, that's a nice reel and accessories Reggy
    As previously mentioned, I don't collect them, but sure do appreciate what you have there.
    Reggy, please don't post any more !!
    I'm liable to take an interest in these and I already have an unhealthy Penn addiction
    Fortunately for me, I have no spinning reels in my collection, but, if i did, that would definitely spark my interest Reggy.
    Thanks for showing it.

Col

Re: Another one for the vintage enthusiasts

Quote Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
    With the box, that's a nice reel and accessories Reggy
    As previously mentioned, I don't collect them, but sure do appreciate what you have there.
    Reggy, please don't post any more !!
    I'm liable to take an interest in these and I already have an unhealthy Penn addiction
    Fortunately for me, I have no spinning reels in my collection, but, if i did, that would definitely spark my interest Reggy.
    Thanks for showing it.

Col
    Hey Col
    I know exactly how you feel. I still love the old PENNs and also have a great interest in old ABUs and old DAM reels.
    Thanks for your reply .
    Reggy