Thread: What year Quintrex change to 2.09beam on 420m Hulls?

What year Quintrex change to 2.09beam on 420m Hulls?

It was called the millenial or blade hull, I forget. I just think it is nice and beamy for a boat of such length.

NZ do the FC430 which a gorgeous hull with thicker ally, a gull wing profile for stability and similar beam. But they are not cheap and nowhere to be seen used over here.

I thought the 420 Dory would do me nicely.

Re: What year Quintrex change to 2.09beam on 420m Hulls?

Give telwater a ring directly and they will let you know

Dory or the 420 buster is a cheap all rounder with a 40hp
    Mate has one with a 30 and it’s not enough

GG look at the SeaJays if u have to import SJ way better looking boat and they are wider and appear much more designed for unfavorable conditions vs the Dory

Imo the Dory just looks like a basic pressed over size tinny that not a whole lot of appeal went into the design

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

I have just bought the Stacer 429 Rampage ( same boat as the Quintrex Busta both made by Telewater) as Gazza says they are a basic tinny much the same as most tinnies on the market but it had everything I like in a boat -- carpet floor, side pockets, casting deck, rails, anchor well, back step etc. The Quintrex Renegade is a better boat of the same size but also dearer. I bought this boat to downsize from a bigger boat as I'm getting on a bit now and I can fit it into my garage. I looked at the Sea Jay and as Gazza says they are a better built boat but the 4.2 was about 28kg heavier than the Stacer and I had to wait eight weeks for delivery. I ended up buying the Stacer down at Lismore for $900 cheaper than Brisbane or Gold Coast. It's got a 30hp 4st Suzuki, aluminium trailer and was available in stock. A 40hp would be ideal but at my age the 30 hp will be fine.

I question how much better the new hulls are in that sort of length, obviously the bigger the boat the bigger the difference.

I previously had a 420 Dory back many moons ago, I recall maybe a 2003/2004 model? Great boat for what it was - beam, freeboard and stability. I’ve checked out new ones out of curiosity when I’ve been at the boat shop and I can’t see anything that would make them significantly better. The price sure has gone up over the years though

2003 2004 pricing would have been with a 2 stroke

Even in the last year or two you could get a buster with a 30 2 stroke for 9k

Guessing the four stroke/etecs on them now have pushed them up a few thousand more

Can still get them for 11ish thousand
    Still cheap boating to take four mates to soak some bait

Considering the next step up is a renegade or hornet for 10k more
    It’s still cheap boating Compared to what people are asking for late 80s early 90s junk