Thread: Suzuki Australia to take over outboards from Haines

Lightbulb Suzuki Australia to take over outboards from Haines

So we see that Suzuki Australia will take over the distribution of Suzuki outboards, from Haines Group, commencing next year.
    Interesting ....

Re: Suzuki Australia to take over outboards from Haines

Still going to be a Suzuki no matter who its sold by, what is the difference?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

Ausfish Silver Member Ducksnutz's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Still going to be a Suzuki no matter who its sold by, what is the difference?

At a guess Gazza, it means Haines Signature which also owns Seafarer and Tournament Pleasure boats, will be able to free up their boat packages instead of just putting zuk’s on the back. Not sure but seems like a good idea to market just the Hulls and whack whatever donk you want on it. Only guessing though.

Be interesting to know what led to this....losing a major distributorship is a big deal...has Haines lost its lustre.....?...heard a horrible story recently from a couple less than 10 Km away that took Haines to court for crap workmanship on their boat that filled up with water...they settled apparently but not before it cost them more than 100K in their words..

Quote Originally Posted by Ducksnutz View Post
    At a guess Gazza, it means Haines Signature which also owns Seafarer and Tournament Pleasure boats, will be able to free up their boat packages instead of just putting zuk’s on the back. Not sure but seems like a good idea to market just the Hulls and whack whatever donk you want on it. Only guessing though.
    Probably not the best way to do business being tied to one manufacturer as customers come with all kinds of back grounds with various outboards, zuks were out of the game for a fair while while the other big brands pumped out there models thru the thick and thin times

This will be the loss of a big safety net for THG. A few years back when things got really slow there were rumours that without Suzuki, they may have been in a bit of strife. Might make them lift their game with R&D and new model development.

THG will now be left wide open for a takeover from a different outboard company probably BRP

I am sure that Suzuki Au will do a great job of supporting their dealers, and of course their customers too.
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

It's a good move for suzuki customers and dealers now being factory backed for the entire warranty. Word is that suzuki were more than happy with the sales market that THG had established that they needed to have a factory presence in Aus. THG may be well looked after by suzuki
    Garry

Retired Honda Master Tech

Yeah I agree, full factory backing is better than a second "middle man" setup, not too sure BRP would be interested, but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    Yeah I agree, full factory backing is better than a second "middle man" setup, not too sure BRP would be interested, but you never know.
    BRP have gone the other way - back to the old days of buying transoms with their purchase of Telwater. It seems to be a pretty common model in the states but at a guess with economic downturn it can leave you doubly exposed. Far greater economic minds at work in the boardroom than mine I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    BRP have gone the other way - back to the old days of buying transoms with their purchase of Telwater. It seems to be a pretty common model in the states but at a guess with economic downturn it can leave you doubly exposed. Far greater economic minds at work in the boardroom than mine I'm afraid.
    yeah it was a gamble for sure........I wonder what their books will look like in 6 months...?...Cant imagine Quintrex dealers are overrun with customers at the moment...or anytime soon...
    I would be nervous if I owned shares in the company..

I guess some dealers will still be selling enough stuff to keep them going, I know my closest local guy had two new boats ready for pick up this morning, but of course, they could have been sold and on order for a while. Buying transoms can be interesting, Telwater had Mercury, went to one of those Chinese clone brands, and now BRP on their "turnkey packages" contrary to popular early gossip, you can buy a Stacer/Quintrex/Savage (and Yellowfin) through a dealer with no engine and get the dealers brand fitted, this virus business affects will be felt for a long time in the small business sector.

Those Vortex engines were the worse thing Telwater could have done imo thats a kick to the balls of Yamaha which the engines are a close copy of

Ausfish Bronze Member Ah Me Ting's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    Be interesting to know what led to this....losing a major distributorship is a big deal...has Haines lost its lustre.....?...heard a horrible story recently from a couple less than 10 Km away that took Haines to court for crap workmanship on their boat that filled up with water...they settled apparently but not before it cost them more than 100K in their words..
    Do you know if it was it a Signature or a Hunter?
    When my wife calls, tell her I'm in "Ah Me Ting"

Ah Me Ting = 2019 Quintrex 420 Renegade (Tohatsu 50hp 2 Stroke)