Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Icekool 200 litre Mackie box - worth the money..?

Icekool 200 litre Mackie box - worth the money..?

So Bcf have this one on sale ATM for $420..

Has anyone had any experience with Icekool and how do you rate them in comparison to other brands..?

https://www.bcf.com.au/p/evakool-ice...oZ_hnZE24x3baQ

Re: Icekool 200 litre Mackie box - worth the money..?

Personally - I'd go with the split lid 160lt Icytek - big single lids generally suffer from warpage ... yes it will cost more but you'll get more funtionality

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

I had one when we lived in Townsville. I found it to be a good esky.

looks okay but but the elastic ties will break eventually or stretch.. leaving nothing to lock it down ....check out the 200 ltr TECHNI.ICE , its superior in attached fittings and cheaper too.. ive still got my original techni ice 70 ltr , must be near on 20 year old and still use it..

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Personally - I'd go with the split lid 160lt Icytek - big single lids generally suffer from warpage ... yes it will cost more but you'll get more funtionality

Chris
    Yeah I looked at those Chris ..they do look good though and I like the split lid idea but not quite big enough ....

Alchemy I'm surprised that was big enough for you guys on your Red adventures up here....did you notice any warpage in the sun...?

Catshark , Technie ice don't have a 200l Mackie box anymore unfortunately

Evakool used to be a great product but like a lot of them now imported from usually Indonesia or thereabouts and lost out on quality. Mate has tje Techni Ice and cheaper but probably better quality.

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    Yeah I looked at those Chris ..they do look good though and I like the split lid idea but not quite big enough ....

Alchemy I'm surprised that was big enough for you guys on your Red adventures up here....did you notice any warpage in the sun...?

Iceytek do a 260lt split lid … only 20cm longer than the evakool but it's a much better box (hands down)

To be honest the evakool roto moulded boxes are pretty average & have not improved in recent times ….. even at the discounted price it's marginal if it's actually good value .

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Chris, You wouldn't be suggesting that one if you new what an ordinary fisherman I am..

My first choice would be a white Techniice 200l macky box if they still made them...the missus shot off an email to them on the off chance they have one laying around..

Chris, You wouldn't be suggesting that one if you new what an ordinary fisherman I am..

My first choice would be a white Techniice 200l macky box if they still made them...the missus shot off an email to them on the off chance they have one laying around..
    a big esky can’t hurt ....

The trouble is that a good many roto moulded eskys aren’t very good from what I have seen and experienced..... I’ve tossed 3 . Distorted lids and poor fittings are common .. even my mackerel box (one of those orange things from BCF) isn’t sealing that well and it’s only a couple of years old.

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

I have only purchased one modern esky its a 30L waeco my cousin brought out on a trip a flavoured milk on a boiling hot summers day and the esky got the tick of approval made the milk so chilled he said it was beautiful, usually when u get them from the fridge at a servo they are barely cold

Esky was a great $88 investment works good for small fish also fits a few gatorades or cans of soft drinks

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

I've got a bunch of those in about 70 L for work. Suitably unimpressed. Screws pull out, handles pull off etc so just cheaply made.

Yeh, these don't last from my experience unfortunately...

I have a 160l orange tropical esky that has had many years of abuse and is still going strong although have had to replace new rubber straps to the lid but only once and there are not that many out there you won't have to do that too..

I would recommend this (first) and a waeco cool ice box these would be my preference and appear to be holding up well after alot of use.

Hope that helps..

Thanks guys its interesting to get different peoples experience of the same product...I wonder if some of the issues are from different batchs/years/production runs/factories etc or if some guys are just tougher on gear...?

However, after chatting to Techniice although they don't stock the 200l long box they can include one in their next production run ...so I think I may do this even though it means a 2-3 month wait as so far I only hear good things about these boxes...

Hi Scott, it wasn’t! When I got the new boat, Col built me a custom 400 litre esky. Alloy outer, glass inside, bolted to the deck so you could walk around it. Awesome esky. These days it sits on my back patio as it is overkill for my whiting trips. Geez I miss NQ... I don’t recall any warping, but it is 10 years since I sold the evakool.

Jesus 400L esky are u keeping the neighbors corpse on ice in prestine condition for the sharks?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app