Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sometimes you just have to have a look

Re: Sometimes you just have to have a look

Quote Originally Posted by jclay1773 View Post
    Nagg where did you measure the cockpit length from. Is it back of drivers seats to transom inside. So total fishing room.
    The dimensions were the fishing room only - so from the edge of the sides of the cabin to the transom & gunnel to gunnel ……. it's even bigger if you measure from the back of the seats . ….. but you don't fish inside the cabin area (generally)

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by Volvo View Post
    400K not to mention running , maint etc costs buys you one heck of a lot of Swains or other fishing charters with cleaning afterwards .
    Food on the table each day , Fish cleaned n filleted for you and no storage for the boat worries wit h change leftover.
    Buy a tinny quarter the cost not so big easier to handle and still do overnighters with less worry .
    But like previouse said , good to drool over .
    I'm not talking about the Queen Mary version that Matt Watsson uses …….. that's the ducks nuts with no expense spared. I'm talking the 6.8m boat that can be towed behind a duel cab ute …… single 225hp yammi that comes in at about $165K with a lot of bling.Stabi 2250.jpg
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    The dimensions were the fishing room only - so from the edge of the sides of the cabin to the transom & gunnel to gunnel ……. it's even bigger if you measure from the back of the seats . ….. but you don't fish inside the cabin area (generally)

Chris
    thanks. My 6.2m custom built Qld hull is 2.2m from seats and wide with 1.8m bunks. That seems pretty big for a stabi so would love to see the measurements. And did you say 165k. Stuff that, crazy money. Much better local options.

Maybe much cheaper local options,,,to a budget,,, but doubtful they overall perform any where near,, in all honesty.....

Hey Nagg, I've not seen this one in person, but I'm kinda interested too. A mate in NZ has just bought one after previously having fibreglass and a few custom plate jobs, So far he's said that all previous boats don't touch the performance of this thing. He operates out of the west coast, which most here probably would never fish in those conditions that is served up there. $165k still a lot of coin and there's the old but ugly label,,,, but in all honesty, who gives a shite if it's butt ugly when your out wide in horrendous conditions !!! No one out there to tell you " wow that's a pretty boat" when the weather turns to shite.
    Ya either like it, spend the coin, or you go for the economy version.......

Col

Quote Originally Posted by jclay1773 View Post
    thanks. My 6.2m custom built Qld hull is 2.2m from seats and wide with 1.8m bunks. That seems pretty big for a stabi so would love to see the measurements. And did you say 165k. Stuff that, crazy money. Much better local options.

https://stabicraft.com/media/113776/...th_pricing.pdf

cheers

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
    Maybe much cheaper local options,,,to a budget,,, but doubtful they overall perform any where near,, in all honesty.....

Hey Nagg, I've not seen this one in person, but I'm kinda interested too. A mate in NZ has just bought one after previously having fibreglass and a few custom plate jobs, So far he's said that all previous boats don't touch the performance of this thing. He operates out of the west coast, which most here probably would never fish in those conditions that is served up there. $165k still a lot of coin and there's the old but ugly label,,,, but in all honesty, who gives a shite if it's butt ugly when your out wide in horrendous conditions !!! No one out there to tell you " wow that's a pretty boat" when the weather turns to shite.
    Ya either like it, spend the coin, or you go for the economy version.......

Col
    yep hopefully they don’t, know a few stabis that have cracked.

Anyway it’s a pretty big boat for its size and also big coin.

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Attachment 120895 In what universe does a stabi look better than this ?
    No freeboard looks flimsy and tiny bow. Must be the ski boat range?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul071978 View Post
    No freeboard looks flimsy and tiny bow. Must be the ski boat range?
    🤒. 🤣. ...... yeh right
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

id have one in for sure, they not that bad looking , the bigger ones look steatlh like . the small ones look crap. always thought they be a rough ride because of the shallow hull at the front but reports suggest they ride very good, the side pontoons must act like a buffer on landings , though wonder what noise that would make and although looks to be excellent build that reflects the price, man o man still would be hard to convince the bank manager.

Pricing seems to be on par with a BC?

About the only part part of the Stabi's I like is there innovative toilet systems...

https://www.facebook.com/TheITMFishi...37668015/?t=19

Toilets are going out of fashion with toilet paper shortage soon we will all be fitted with a bidit

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Toilets are going out of fashion with toilet paper shortage soon we will all be fitted with a bidit

‘bidit’ ?

Shakey - If only I lived near the coast

Quote Originally Posted by shakey55 View Post
    ‘bidit’ ?

Shakey - If only I lived near the coast
    Bidet sorry im not familuar with hosing my ass

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Bidet sorry im not familuar with hosing my ass
    Bit fancy there.....Us poorer Chinese boat owners just use the deckwash...