Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2008 offshore marine master 550 WA

2008 offshore marine master 550 WA

hey guys letting youse all know at pickles auctions in sydney about this plate boat that got a lick of flame from the recent bushfires,. Auction is on 18/3/20 only needs couple tyres and couple rollers , the hull has a slight buckle but where the tyres burnt up. could be a cheap buy just for the outboard... its listed in the salvage section, as a stat write off however in some cases a exemption can be made to get it registerd again but with boats there is not much info on the process. ive personlly seen this boat up close and i could only see a slight buckle about the size of a dinner plate under neath where the mudgaurd was burnt out....i believe this hull is or feels like 6mm thick when i was knuckle testing it . reckon it might sell for a couple grand only . thoughts ?

Re: 2008 offshore marine master 550 WA

perhaps if some one can post up the link that would be growse, had a geeza on the written off laws and while complicated it did mention that some stat write off vehicles can be registered in a case by case scenario, i mean the trailer could be classed as a write off but the hull i believe would still float tommorrow , the out board was untouched would be a damn shame if this boat ends up in a scrap metal yard. anyway guys check it out .

Gees, a burnt buckled boat, legally written off, with an e-tec, what a buy.

Trailers probably still worth more than the etec 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrad stevenson View Post
    Trailers probably still worth more than the etec 
    now thats low ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrad stevenson View Post
    Trailers probably still worth more than the etec 
    The trailer is burnt too, will need brakes, springs, a pair of wheels, maybe hubs, new mud guards and re-galvanising.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    Gees, a burnt buckled boat, legally written off, with an e-tec, what a buy.
    Ended up selling for about 20K including fees...….go figure...

wowsers i missed the auction , up close and personal it was a very well designed and well made boat, minus some cosmetic issues .

The aluminium may have changed its temper with the bush fires heat, i didnt see this deal or how it was burnt but burnt wheels?

If it annealed or changed the metals struture it could have a really bad outcome if someone were to reregister it and use it

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

Ausfish Platinum Member

Auction syndrome. Do they record boat stat write-offs? Or just trailers? That will always be on the record, for any future re-sale. A buckled hull would make NOT buying this a no-brainer. Even apart from the etec

Don't know about right off boats, I know a guy got one once from an insurance company and had no issue registering it, or selling it a few years later, so who knows?

Just for refference i bought some machine grade aluminum for a tiny plastic lathe one time and tried to machine it the small piece of aluminium was to hard for the machine it kept chucking the aluminium piece so i heated up the alloy and quenched it under water than put it back in the lathe the alloy was so soft the lathe cut it very easy and had no problem machining it

Just from this experience i would be vety wiry of a burnt ally boat

did any AUSFISHO's buy this boat? do tell

Old mate who took on water off botany bay a year or two ago remember the video of pol air following them back in as they bailed the hull well turns out my cousin knew the owner, the boat was classed a wright off the owner was paid out he got the money and kept the boat to repair and sell on