Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Easter 1770

Re: Easter 1770

Good decision Scalem. The dughter of a friend of ours (local resident) went for a drive to 1770 yesterday and got pulled over by the police and was told to go straight home or get a large fine for unnecessary travel........
    Remember to always log on before heading offshore.

Blog Entries

Gladstone Mayor made it clear in a press release

Increased police presence in the Gladstone Region this Easter weekend.

Residents and visitors will be fined $1300 for non essential travel including travelling to your holiday home or travelling to another community even in your own region to access beaches and boat ramps. If you are fishing for food remember to following the social distancing guidelines.

For example:
    Only Agnes Water / 1770 residents can use Agnes Water / 1770 beaches and boat ramps

Only Boyne Island / Tannum Sands residents can use Boyne Island / Tannum Sands beaches and boat ramps.

Only Rules Beach / Baffle Creek / Deepwater residents can use Rules Beach / Baffle Creek / Deepwater beaches and boat ramps.

The Easter weekend crackdown on social distancing extends to residents with more than 2 visitors to the home.

Stay safe and stay home this Easter weekend.

Attachment 121229

It has been soooo long since we fished 1770 but we have a new boat now and Alan and I are keen to get up there for an extended weekend on reef when the virus clears up and the weather is clear for three or so days.

Darren

Quote Originally Posted by Mr__Bean View Post
    Attachment 121229

It has been soooo long since we fished 1770 but we have a new boat now and Alan and I are keen to get up there for an extended weekend on reef when the virus clears up and the weather is clear for three or so days.

Darren
    Yep, as soon as we get the travel restrictions lifted and the weather is OK..... I am there
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Here is an update on the bar.

Photo taken low tide a couple of days ago... and the photo from early May with swell.... ><>

LP

Blog Entries

Thanks Phil

funny story. I was talking to Damo from Hookedon1770 charters. He was regularly uploading drone footage of the bar at low tide to his FB page. It had been a while and I asked him what the go was. Seems he went out motorbike riding with his lads and was flying it manually when there was some drama with one of his boys so he hit home on the drone controller. Problem was he hadn’t reset home since he’d taken its last lot of footage atop of the lookout at 1770 headland so the drone went to take off for that spot and smacked into a tree at full noise. Expensive mistake

Ouch.... ! I have a drone.. mid priced but still really good HD camera. I am very average at using it and crashed it into a tree at our local park. Broke one camera wire and have been unable to get it repaired.

The guy doing the drone shots puts up a lot of stuff on the Agnes / 1770 community F...Book page.

I am expecting travel restrictions to be lifted enough by August, so our annual September trip looks to be .. ON !

Might have to take a trip out from Baffle Creek.

LP

Back again! Like a bull terrier with a bone! Easter was a fizzer as you know, we are now making our way on the 11th December and staying at Captain Cook caravan park for 6 days. We have the Garden cabin booked which has enough room to park the boat. This time i have no expectations. I know its going to be hot, potentially windy as previous members have posted, watch out for summer storms and blustery northerlies in the arvo. I will speak to the local vmr, possibly visit the tower and have a plethora of options up my sleeve from land based, crabbing, jacks to reef fish close in. I dont think i will go all the way out to lady musgrave solo with my own boat, unless anyone else buddies up with another boat. We will be booking a snorkeling trip there though. Let me know if anyone else is going at the same time and give me a shout hello.

Brian

Sent from my SM-A520F using Ausfish mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Scalem View Post
    Back again! Like a bull terrier with a bone! Easter was a fizzer as you know, we are now making our way on the 11th December and staying at Captain Cook caravan park for 6 days. We have the Garden cabin booked which has enough room to park the boat. This time i have no expectations. I know its going to be hot, potentially windy as previous members have posted, watch out for summer storms and blustery northerlies in the arvo. I will speak to the local vmr, possibly visit the tower and have a plethora of options up my sleeve from land based, crabbing, jacks to reef fish close in. I dont think i will go all the way out to lady musgrave solo with my own boat, unless anyone else buddies up with another boat. We will be booking a snorkeling trip there though. Let me know if anyone else is going at the same time and give me a shout hello.

Brian

Brian, the VMR don't have a tower as such. The have a shack up on the hill, but all communications are done via their personal house, which relays through the shack.

Crabbing at 1770 is high risk, that is, of losing your equipment or at least having it damaged. The " Crab-Pot Slasher " is still hunting the waters around the estuary.

If you walk to the beach from where you are staying, you can pull beach worms and there is decent Whiting and Flathead fishing all around the area.

If you want to fish close, I suggest the Banana Gutters, find a show / ground, anchor and berley up. Or head N/E to the " Wides ".

Certainly if the weather is good, get up to Bustard Head and troll around Outter Rock for spanish, but try to be there at first light, it's only 23k's from the bar. Live baits are king, dead baits trolled work well and so do lures, change around to get the results.

60k's out to Lady Musgrave is not that far and in reasonable conditions won't take long and sure as shit, if you are going in good weather, you'll be in a convoy.... it is worth the trip.

I'll keep this in mind and if the weather plays the game I'll be up there, the heat there is better than the heat in Brisvegas.... attached is a very quick map for you.

cheers LP
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks Phil, thats gold and you even drew suggestions on the map. I'll check in more detail a bit later. What a champion!

Cheers,
    Brian

No guts no glory? I used to say that when determined to have a holiday, throw caution to the wind and go, regardless. But it looks like, with age, wisdom has prevailed and my final decision was the right one. We left the boat at home, but kept the booking at 1770. What is it with this place? This is my 3rd attempt. Weather warnings now, its already blowing a gale here and predicted to get much worse. The word is all charters are cancelled. Such a beautiful place, i think we will see every cafe and marvel at the power of the swell from the carpark at vmr shack. Lots to see... through the windows of the Colarado as we explore. Stay safe, Brisbane and gold coast seem on track to cop more rain than up here. Wait and see.

Brian

Brian

I'm looking at heading up there on Wednesday night and fish Thursday to Saturday. Weather looks pretty good

Look on the bright side, they do serve good "coffee and cake" at a lot of places there.

Yep, weather looks OK:-

Thursday 12/17
    MorningLight NE winds with a slight chop. Small short period waves.

Winds: NE 9 to 13 knots.
    Seas: E 1.2 meters at 8 seconds.

AfternoonBreezy NE winds with moderate choppy seas. Small short period waves.

Winds: NE 10 to 14 knots.
    Seas: E 1.2 meters at 8 seconds.

Friday 12/18
    MorningBreezy NE winds with moderate choppy seas. Moderate short period waves.

Winds: NE 11 to 15 knots.
    Seas: E 1.4 meters at 8 seconds.

AfternoonBreezy ENE winds with moderate choppy seas. Moderate short period waves.

Winds: ENE 11 to 14 knots.
    Seas: E 1.4 meters at 8 seconds.

Saturday 12/19
    MorningLight ENE winds with a slight chop. Small short period waves.

Winds: ENE 6 to 8 knots.
    Seas: E 1.3 meters at 9 seconds.

AfternoonBreezy ENE winds with moderate choppy seas. Small short period waves.

Winds: ENE 10 to 13 knots.
    Seas: E 1.2 meters at 9 seconds.

Sunday 12/20
    MorningLight and variable winds with smooth seas. Small short period waves.

Winds: NE 5 to 7 knots.
    Seas: E 1.1 meters at 9 seconds.

AfternoonLight ENE winds with a slight chop. Small short period waves.

Winds: ENE 8 to 10 knots.
    Seas: E 1.1 meters at 9 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by timddo View Post
    Brian

I'm looking at heading up there on Wednesday night and fish Thursday to Saturday. Weather looks pretty good
    How did you go Tim? Local Ranger said he was expecting a 500+ boat and trailer count at the ramp. Met him at the Eurimbula reserve getting the place ready for this week you went. Keen to see how you found it, next chance might be later this year. ... term 2.