Thread: Advice please, Origin boat value.

Advice please, Origin boat value.

I'm looking to sell my 2013 Origin 4 x 4, plate boat. I really have no idea what would be a reasonable price for it. I have had opinions ranging from $17000 to $30000 so far. I owe no money on it and want to sell it reasonably quickly as I am getting a bigger boat. I would value any wise opinions on what peoples thoughts are on price if I want to move it reasonably quick. The motor is 2013 with low hours. Has rarely been used for last 3 years due to working far western nsw. Was garaged during this time. Boat is in great condition, 12 inch lowrance sounder, sound system, minn kota 80lb, bait tank etc. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. I was thinking of advertising for $26000??? Photos attached.

Re: Advice please, Origin boat value.

looks tidy and in good nic, graphics are attractive and its a dream fitout for certain fishos. as a unbiased point of view id say its easy worth 25-28 k , im sure someone will snap this up... 25 k should sell this quickly enough then youll be set for your next weapon.

Hey catshark thanks mate advice is very much appreciated. I reckon your right on the money.

Ring Col and ask what it would cost to build now. If it’s in good Nic and low hrs it would hold it’s value. But you did say that you want to sell quickly.

Yeah mate , it cost me around 50 grand all up with everything new. Great boat and Col was fantastic during the build. Now my kids are older and doing more overnight fishing I wanted something bigger. My missus won’t entertain that until this is sold so I’m happy to take a reasonable price to move it. I just had no idea what that reasonable price was

Have a look on boatsales for anything similar as a start but the numbers you are talking are certainly fair for a custom rig that is well appointed. I'd start at 30 and gauge the interest.

Much appreciated scottar

Quote Originally Posted by Simo100 View Post
    Yeah mate , it cost me around 50 grand all up with everything new. Great boat and Col was fantastic during the build. Now my kids are older and doing more overnight fishing I wanted something bigger. My missus won’t entertain that until this is sold so I’m happy to take a reasonable price to move it. I just had no idea what that reasonable price was
    30+ I reckon. Hope you are getting a svensson. Absolute weapons.

Mate I couldn’t agree more, fantastic build quality and great boat builders.

Yep start in the low 30s then people will offer around 25. Gauge market interest. You can always come down

Quote Originally Posted by jclay1773 View Post
    Ring Col and ask what it would cost to build now. If it’s in good Nic and low hrs it would hold it’s value. But you did say that you want to sell quickly.
    Agree with calling Col - a mate is finalising his order for a Svensson 5.4 with a 140hp no electronics for north of $60k - very few appear on the second hand market - as others have said price can be lowered but not raised.

Thanks pal

Ausfish Silver Member Ducksnutz's Avatar
    Blog Entries

30K plus I reckon mate. If you’re on Facebook, jump on plate boat owners Australia and you’ll see how sought after any of Col’s boats are.

Whats its length Simo ??

I will take a punt at 5 or 5.2m judging from photos...

Reckon for a quick sale 25k, closer to 30 if you want to be patient!