Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Tow Vehicles...

Re: Tow Vehicles...

Short i havent filled her right up yet mostly put in $30-40 a time she would take about $80 to fill up as a guess

I was just above the read on low tank when i put $40 35L in her so far have gotten 175kms almost out of petrol now

Doing pretty good tho its lasted me 1 week in a v8

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

Shes using about 17L/100km i think from memory redbook said this car uses 13L possibly 15L 100km

Sure beats a commodore sucking 22L 100kms lolAttachment 120948

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Shes using about 17L/100km i think from memory redbook said this car uses 13L possibly 15L 100km

Sure beats a commodore sucking 22L 100kms lolAttachment 120948

the last work commodore i had was a vz wagon it got down to 7-8l at 110 on highways and 10-12 around town in traffic

Thats not a v8 Steve my old vn v6 got the economy i get now from my v8

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Thats not a v8 Steve my old vn v6 got the economy i get now from my v8

fair enough i had a Ve ss ute before that and at 6l it still only hit 17 round town and 11 on the highway
    22l is a shagged out car or driven too hard

From what i recall the new commodores uses 22L let.me double check that

Ok appoligies newer commodores use 14.3L not sure where i read 22L maybe that was the Jeep or something else and got my wires crossed i remember reading it thinking thats what the xtrail was guzzling

Ive put in $55 for 270kms LOL but im loving it love the power

Stereo has gone on a fail safe volume a little loud sitting at lights cant hear shit on the highway... volume is preset wont go up or down

Just to add to the discussion
    I had a 2004 VW touareg with a 4.2l v8 petrol. air suspension etc. and when i bought it, man was it smooth. overtaking. towing. anything it was great. but 16 years and 300,000km towing. took its toll and in the end there were lots of little things causing grief.

Fuel consumption Fwrr!! driving comfortably i would get 18-20L/100 Towing... double it. easy, soi was putting in 30 dollars of fuel nearly every day just for commuting.

after she died 3 weeks ago, i ended up with a 2015 jeep grand cherokee overland diesel. and yes ive heard all the things people say about them.

But its been pretty good so far. comfy inside "not quite as fancy pants as the VW" but it makes up for it in fuel consumption. towing oour 3-3.5t boats i get around 12-13l/100km just driving around i get around 9.. and on highway without a trailer. i get a 7's

everyone told me to buy a Ram, or silverado, or f150 or tundra. And lots in my industry have, however with utes being classified as commercial and attracting twice the price for toll roads here in melbourne. that would of been a large cost per month. plus 100+ K for a work vehicle in this climate didnt add up.

So early days. but the grand cherokee so far has been good

Moose

Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

I like the Jeeps Moose but they dont have the best rep in Australia especially the older models i looked at a few online and seems they love chewing the crank bearings hopefully that has changed on late model Jeeps love the look to them

You got pretty good mileage on the diesel 7L geez last time i seen that was when i owned a Hyundai Excel lol

My car has 550k quiet a lot i plan on keeping this car for a long time or untill some AH writes me off

A year or two ago i wanted to go the whole diesel route but on cars i can afford up to 3k if the diesel injector pump goes the while car is just not worthy of a repair i donno why diesel pumps cost thousands of dollars but its just not economical

Lots of old Ford Transit Turbo Diesels out there with failed injector pumps, i think these are a real problem in owning a diesel fueled car today

Just about to hit low fuel light 295km's to a full tank

Unleaded i think cost me 54L 87.9c cost from memory $51

LPG gets 160km's 35L cant remember how much it cost per litre but full tank cost $26

For the moment it comes out about even but once that unleaded goes back up $1.60-$1.75 i'll be using LPG

there is only one jeep , coming from a touareg man that must have been nice , but reaching 300 k is a great effort considering VW reputation for electric spaz attacks , but hey those things can haul just look at the videos in snow laden germany .. jeeps are very good, best you learn them and work on them yourself , save some money from the stealerships.. ive found my v8 jeep is slightly better economically than the ford falcon and holden VE sedans ive owned . but then again the 4.0 barra monsters the 4.7 powertech v8 in size, the VE alloytech is from the corvettes family ave 14 ltrs .. best holden motor was the ecotec 3.8 that ran for years and finished in the vy series 2 era , average was under 10l/100

unfamilar with the winsdor but id expect at least 480 klm per tank, the 4.0 barra could get nearly 550-600klm not towing mind you but at 190kw its a big donk , best engine produced ever reckon , im sure somewhere there is a taxi that got clocked

Haha yeah the Barra engine has a lot of followers my engine is based on a 1960-1970 model engine from earlier discussion, mine was built 1999 if im getting 295km's to a tank on a EFI engine geez what are they getting on a blown 302 windsor carby 80km's? lol

My engine uses no oil since i bought the car i havent put oil in it that i can recall so unsure why she is gizzling the fuel

I dont really mind at the moment with fuel being under $1 but i reckon i'll struggle to put unleaded in her when fuel is $1.75

Absolutely love the car and i wanna keep it i've got a little plan worked out to easy the b pocket, the lpg expires in about a year and a half so i need yo level out my yearly rego and get the lpg recertified when rego is not due

Unsure as to how much certifying the tank will cost a log with a lpg service i called around but no one wants to give specific prices on the job without seeing the car and in todays world that crys out as in once your foots in there door you'll likely use there service and they will sting ya

Hence no prices over the phone

Car stalled today but picked back up and started making a bearing noise stupid me replaced the belt without checking the pulleys, new belt on same thing..

Belt off again checked the pulley i repaired just 4-6 weeks ago and its no good, still a tight bearing but its notchy

Bearing was a NTN 6203 high quality bearing i have no idea why it only lasted about 600kms

Could heat be a factor? Im not pissed but dissapointed in the mileage, its only a $11-$12 bearing but i could have been stuck some where a $200 tow home for a $12 bearing and 10mins to fit it! Struth