Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tow Vehicles...

Tow Vehicles...

Hey guys first repair on the new tow vehicle, pulled into the shops and noticed a squell pulled my drive belt off today and found the bearing in the lower idler pulley was almost shot very noisy bearing

Took it off and put it in the press bearing popped out

Instead of replacing the pulley with a Gates part $$$ im going to replace the bearing with a SKF or SFK maybe another NTN see what the bearing shop has tomorrow

She is getting 168kms to 33.65L of lpg or 19L per 100km

Being told she should use 1/3-1/4th less on unleaded so about 15L 100km

Trying to work out best way to diy removing the windscreen without cracking it, once seen a guy use braided fishing line.

Kind of feeling good about buying a lpg car now fuel in sydney just went up to $1.65L lpg is less than half the price

.Attachment 120830

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

Re: Tow Vehicles...

Park the car in the sun and get it nice and hot to soften the glue and or rubber. I have heard of using piano wire. Don’t go anywhere near it with anything metal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah ganna give it a go, a window company wants $100 to remove it but they said it will crack and need replacing

Gazza, hold on a minute.. what year is your new car ??
    If it's urathane, don't attempt it, I used to use fein tools specifically designed to remove urathaned screens, pay the $100 if it is.
    If it's the older method, thermo tapes, you can remove use two bits of dowl with piano wire, but you'll need two people, one either side.
    It depends which method is used. or is it a rubber with chrome infills/moulding ? If it's a laminated screen, you will be in a hole lot of hurt if you break one of them.... put a photo up

Col

Hey Col its a 1999 model i was told the windscreen was just replaced but they failed to repair the sill, it appears only the top is rotted so far but worse case i can weld something in if needed

Whats wrong with this stuff u mentioned?

Shit not cheap looking at $100 to remove and $240 to install a new glass if the old one breaks

Gazza, save your money and buy things that don’t take up your time and empty your wallet. You will be on the old age pension before the boat, motor, trailer are finished.

Good luck with whatever you take on

PS: Not having a dig, just think you are going about things the wrong way in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish forums

Hi Gazza, If the windscreen installation method is Urathane, you will struggle to get that out without breaking it without the correct tools.
    It is strong stuff Gazza, I have wired out a few, but do not recommend it for someone that hasn't before. There all cut out with fein tools or a sliding blade type set up. Some of the windscreen mouldings just push in to the cavity, but some go under the glass in the rebate and have to be cut out with the windscreen, every vehicle is different..
    Auto Urathane is a bit different to marine, it becomes part of the structural strength of the car, 750 pound per sq inch shore strength, in other words, that along with a weak laminated windscreen, makes it extremely hard to remove it without breaking it, especially without the right tools and not having done it before.
    I would be looking at paying the $100, let them have a go at removing it, they have a better chance than yourself. I would say, that I was probably at a 70/30 rate of removing successfully, with the right tools, so it's not worth the hurt.
    The old method they use to fit with, was far easier, but Urathane a whole different story.
    Again, sorry I can't exactly re call how these cars were set up, it's been a while for me, but in all honesty, $100 sounds the best route to remove it.
    It would be a lot easier for you to have a go at fitting it, than successfully removing it....

Col

Quote Originally Posted by shakey55 View Post
    Gazza, save your money and buy things that don’t take up your time and empty your wallet. You will be on the old age pension before the boat, motor, trailer are finished.

Good luck with whatever you take on

PS: Not having a dig, just think you are going about things the wrong way in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish forums
    What he said. Trailer has been going for 18 months or so.

Are you sure it's leaking from the screen?

Trailer was started january 2018 guys so 13 months... the engine is already finished...

Quote Originally Posted by Fed View Post
    Are you sure it's leaking from the screen?
    The roof has a rust hole and other rust spots along the top of windscreen, water is leaking from under the dash on to the drivers floor, yesterday i flooded the drain section below the windscreen and no water dripped on the floor on drivers side but a few drops on passengers floor

Its mostly yhe drivers floor im worried about the carpet gets soaked and the door rubbers are in good condition

http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....ndscreen+leaks

Got to be worth checking before pulling the screen out.

How does something with rust holes pass a rwc.

Quote Originally Posted by shaungonemad View Post
    How does something with rust holes pass a rwc.

Sticky tape.