Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tow Vehicles...

Re: Tow Vehicles...

That bat shit needs to come off,will turn into a ravaged rust patch in no time.

Don't know about rust, but, it will destroy the paint in no time, I had some on my old Landcruiser, and the next day, the paint under the bat shit was crazed and almost white.

Will get the bat poo off tomorrow, she is drinking 26L 100km of urban driving, 19L 100km highway on LPG, im getting 168km highway, 123kms urban to a full tank of LPG very relaxed driving with the odd squirt here and there but no full throttle

Air con is really bad barely works so havent been using it those figures above are without air con

Doing a unleaded fuel test now looks impressive so far used probably 1/10th of a tank for 40kms will report back

May be something wrong with the LPG a leak possibly

Ran its the v8 modelAttachment 120847Attachment 120848Attachment 120849

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

No....lpg is just shite....

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Looks like i may be testing the old girl out sooner than later, as mentioned my mum is going in for a operation and she cant come home untill we move so its likely i will have to get a permit to tow the old girl a couple suburbs over as i couldnt find a towie willing to tow the 2.4m wide at the axles load

TRPM i'm starting to believe that i have done 50kms on unleaded and the gauge has moved 1/4th of 1/4th or 1/16th on the gauge where as on lpg i would be down at 1/2th a tank by now

Old school 5.0 EFI V8s would get better economy than an AU 6 ...IF you had a light foot. I had an AU series 2 5.0 wagon. Ugly but unkillable. Barra's changed that.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Why won't anyone tow 2.4m? that's perfectly legal

you can legally tow a 2.5m wide caravan, what's the difference?

Too afraid to tow illegally for a couple of suburbs, the authorities really have done a job on us haven't they?

Not knocking you gazza, simply noting how much things have changed over the years.

I was told 2.4m wide drive train is too wide for the tow trucks i called they were also concerned with the over hang from tow hitch receiver to wheel base on rear axle they also questioned the overall height once on the tilt tray

Push the boat onto the grass and whinch it under a car trailer

Move the boat trailer a second time on the same car trailer

Fed back in the late 90's i was busted a few times driving without a license even tho i had no license i was disqualified from owning a license for 3 years as i was a habitual driver i had over $5500 in fines i eventually paid off than got my learners and got busted by a couple of cops on push bikes they let me off tho and i got my P's than gold license i havent had a car fine since 2005 when i took my P plates off to sit on 110kph going to wollongong beach

But yeah im a law abiding person now.. havent had a at fault car crash since 1998 only two accidents since than and both other drivers at fault

Last thing i want is to be busted towing the old shagged trsiler unregistered and no permit i will tow it with a permit just to cover my ass if i have to but i will be shitting bricks...

Must have a gas leak check this out

Lpg 160kms 35L of lpg cost $26 to fill up (highway mileage) 21L/100km $16.77 per 100km

Lpg 123kms 32L of lpg cost $25 to fill up (urbane mileage) 26L/100km $20.77 per 100km

Unleaded 129kms 18L of unleaded $25 worth (urban mileage) 14L/100km $20.30 per 100km

Not really worth running it on lpg

the petrol average is spot on same as a barra 4.0 the gas usage is way out of wack , wow