Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The new Certate

Re: The new Certate

Quote Originally Posted by Ducksnutz View Post
    I did like the Z4500/6500 Saltiga Mavericks in the red Chris. Would be collectors items now I imagine and worth a bit if in mint condition. I remember not that long ago they brought out a certate limited edition 2500 in a yellow that looked pretty cool.
    How many were sold ?

The only thing that belongs in red is a Ferrari

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Re: The new Certate LT

Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    Certates $599, the Battler down to $350. Its tempting, but is the new Certate $150 better or is my $350 better spent on a newer LT model TD Black with line and schooner for change. Tackle torment.

Sent from my SM-A205YN using Tapatalk
    Rod ….. if you can live with the Battler …… go for it at that price !

Here is my take on these high end reels ……

If you are fishing finesse & not big drags …… you would go for the Luvias / Battler type reels ( twitching & hopping style of fishing) …. lighter is better.
    if you are rolling placcies , ripping hard bodies & wanting big drag - then Certate rules -

I can roll a 3500 Certate all day for Impoundment Barra …… hopping softies - not so much

I'm a big fan of the Zion body in those little bream / bass sized reels ….. Happy to fish a Luvias all day in that situation

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    That always seems the case its always the little own and ran shops that actually stock what fishos actually want and need if u go to bcf its all the same shit just your usual branded gear nothing spectacular

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app
    Define fishoes ?

I'd rather say enthusiasts

Back in the day there was a tackle store in Sydney ( Harbord Tackle) it was simply the best tackle store for catering for the enthusiast ….. Higher end gear / custom made rods ….. (home of Ian Miller at one stage) . That was a shop with very little rubbish sold.
    Unfortunately most fishoes don't fall into the enthusiasts category …….. a $300 reel & $200 rod is a big purchase - which would do most fishoes just fine.
    Refined tastes in tackle bring us into a whole different domain ……. not to mention those that bling their reels with tuning parts - but that's just a fraction of the market.

chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Ausfish Silver Member Ducksnutz's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    How many were sold ?

The only thing that belongs in red is a Ferrari

Chris
    I think Daiwa only released them to the Australian market. I think the original Saltiga Expedition was the same with the exception of Japan. Someone will correct if I’m wrong.
    Don’t know why Daiwa did this.

I do know from being on the Hull Truth forum there were a lot of disappointed American Daiwa fans upset that they weren’t released there.
    Who knows how many they could have sold if they did and to other parts of the world.
    Same with the yellow limited edition 2500 certate. I believe only 250 were released and only to the Australian market.

I’m guessing Daiwa do this for the collector enthusiast? Who knows.

I think Daiwa Australia might have a bit to do with some of the special reels the Luvis DA comes to mind only sold in Australia so they must get a special run down but you would think that they would just release them all over the world.

I think Daiwa only released them to the Australian market. I think the original Saltiga Expedition was the same with the exception of Japan. Someone will correct if I’m wrong.
    Don’t know why Daiwa did this.

I do know from being on the Hull Truth forum there were a lot of disappointed American Daiwa fans upset that they weren’t released there.
    Who knows how many they could have sold if they did and to other parts of the world.
    Same with the yellow limited edition 2500 certate. I believe only 250 were released and only to the Australian market.

I’m guessing Daiwa do this for the collector enthusiast? Who knows.
    The JDM would be the home of bling …… Just take a look at some of the smaller spin reels & baitcasters that are available in Japan but I'm not sure what the go was with the Battler spin reel when the Battler rod was a Daiwa release into multiple markets.

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Daiwa Australia have in the past had cosmetics changed for our market so as to distinguish them from grey imports/internet purchases solely for the purpose of warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by banshee View Post
    Daiwa Australia have in the past had cosmetics changed for our market so as to distinguish them from grey imports/internet purchases solely for the purpose of warranty.
    I can understand why they would do that,,, but Geez, it's amazing what these large manufacturers would actually do, in regard to the above...

Col

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
    I can understand why they would do that,,, but Geez, it's amazing what these large manufacturers would actually do, in regard to the above...

Col
    Agree, I would have thought generating world wide sales would out way warranty issues. Unless it was a crappy product. But Daiwa?

Blog Entries

This is sexy...in red Chris.....😂😎👍
    It’s got gold and silver combined with red.......I’m kidding. Understand where you’re coming from. But Daiwa do make some sexy reels in all colours.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by banshee View Post
    Is our market large enough to support such a measure ? - Yeh I could understand the US but little old Aus - Nah - specially on a reel that they may sell a few hundred a year (if that) .
    If you look at the custom project that Daiwa Australia do ….. blinging up reels with coloured parts - that's different again making the reels customised - why you would spend hundreds more to bling a reel for little functionality has me buggered though

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Attachment 120915Attachment 120915This is sexy...in red Chris.....
    It’s got gold and silver combined with red.......I’m kidding. Understand where you’re coming from. But Daiwa do make some sexy reels in all colours.
    I couldn't agree more ….. & they've done this for years .

btw - I couldn't open the attachment .

If anyone is into fly fishing - you should see some of the Abel reels & knives / tools ……. they are works of art

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    I couldn't agree more ….. & they've done this for years .

btw - I couldn't open the attachment .

If anyone is into fly fishing - you should see some of the Abel reels & knives / tools ……. they are works of art

Chris
    Edited post for photo Chris.

Re: The new Certate LT

Love my red saltiga it’s caught a shit load or the last 15 years or so . Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

This is sexy...in red Chris.....
    My comment was meant to be a little tongue in cheek & there is a big difference in an all red body like this or the Saltiga (which do look good) - the previous model with the chameleon colour was one of the nicest I've seen.
    ……. but a high end black reel with red highlights sitting above a Certate …… nah - it makes it look cheap like a Penn
    My opinion only

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO