Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dinghy corrosion

Re: Dinghy corrosion

What about cleaning it and get some 2 pack waterproofing product and matting they use in bathrooms to seal it up for a while at least
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Spend a $100 and get a 5to1 4.8lt epoxy kit and seal the inside from the water line down, give it a good clean first and take the thwarts out and the inside of the hull will be sealed rivet the thwarts back in, just remember its an old tiny but a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by chris69 View Post
    Spend a $100 and get a 5to1 4.8lt epoxy kit and seal the inside from the water line down, give it a good clean first and take the thwarts out and the inside of the hull will be sealed rivet the thwarts back in, just remember its an old tiny but a good one.
    If one was to go down this path (probably a suitable one), I would add some filler, whether Q Cells or talc as once cleaned I am sure a significant number of pinholes will appear. It really needs a very close inspection from someone in the industry as it cam quickly become a nightmare with trying this and that.

Guys, ,,,,and then it isn't really a free tinny, it costs, I do think it's good to teach young uns stuff so may be well worth some effort, the bonding doing stuff is priceless with your kids.
    So except for my 'take it to the scrappies' option. I'd float it and just see what's needed. Give em a bucket, some oars and fifteen minutes, and if they are still keen, go for it.
    Cheers
    Muz

I don't think it's been determined how bad it is yet is it? has the owner responded?

I keep a txt file on my desktop Noel DNR.TXT (Do Not Reply), the list of names in it grows every day.