Thread: Help with Quintrex Stealth Hornet

Help with Quintrex Stealth Hornet

Hello all.

Wanted to throw up a post as I’m looking for some help. I’m currently looking to order a Quintrex Stealth Hornet in either 470 or the 510. The only issue - I’m based in SE QLD and Stealth Hornets aren’t terribly popular here. The closest one I can find is at a dealership in Gladstone which is a 6+ hour drive from where I live.

The only thing holding me back is I want to see one in person. Preferably, go for a ride in one in a bit of chop.

So being that I don’t have any other options, I want to use this post to reach out to anyone in Brisbane/Sunshine/Goldcoast area that owns either the 470 or 510 Stealth Hornet. If you’re out there, I’d love to come see your boat and if possible, even go for a quick ride.

For anyone that can take me out for 30 minutes, there’s a couple of cases of beer in it for you.

I’ve been told by a few dealers that they are around, but all owned privately. Really hoping they’re members on this forum!

Anyway, thanks in advance.

Hope to hear from any of you!

Re: Help with Quintrex Stealth Hornet

You try Caloundra Marine ??.

Or Telwater ?

Quote Originally Posted by Volvo View Post
    You try Caloundra Marine ??.
    Sure have.

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    Or Telwater ?
    No I haven’t. I didn’t think they’d deal with the public?

They won't but they may be able to guide you to a dealer that has one on the floor or be able to facilitate a test run on the premis you will purchase one afterwards through a dealer. Worth a phone call at least.

Help with Quintrex Stealth Hornet

Probably don’t see that many around as they a $50k tinny.

Not knocking another blokes preference by any means . I’m genuinely curious what the target market is for these really expensive tinny’s?

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums

A quick search says there is one for sale here at Tweed Heads

https://yachthub.com/list/boats-for-...-hornet/234994

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish forums

Quote Originally Posted by shakey55 View Post
    A quick search says there is one for sale here at Tweed Heads

https://yachthub.com/list/boats-for-...-hornet/234994

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish forums
    Don't let these ads fool you. A lot of dealers post ads saying they're in stock when they're not. They just want you to call them first.

Quote Originally Posted by JNaumov View Post
    Don't let these ads fool you. A lot of dealers post ads saying they're in stock when they're not. They just want you to call them first.
    Thought I was helping. Obviously not.

Good luck

Shakey - If only I lived near the coast

Depends where the manufacturers are located i was looking at a huge open tinny made by seajay but they were a qld manyfacturered boat from memory so down here in sydney no dealers had the huge open plain tinnies in stock to view i was going to drive to brisbane to tow one home but it was going to be a long trip unseen and i ended up passing on it as it would have been a 26 hour continous trip

Down here the dealer only had the small size around 4 meters from memory and wanted like 8k for the hull i saind in your ... 8k they were like 3.8k in brisbane or around 7k for the huge tinny

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

cost of a couple slabs be enough fuel to get you there and back , hold up maybe a bit extra for that new bad boy your towing home behind you .