Thread: G'day from a new bloke (NSW Northern Rivers)

G'day from a new bloke (NSW Northern Rivers)

G'day all,

Recently moved to the NSW Northern Rivers region after a decade living in the Barossa.

A bit of a kook when it comes to saltwater fishing but grew up in NZ and have fly fished there for the past 30 years and get back home to fish at least 3 times a year in the South Island.

Decided try the salt water after a 20 year absence yesterday in Ballina throwing some SP's (2.5" Slim Swimz in greasy prawn) in North Creek an hour either side of low tide..... five flatties made the sandbank... four under size and one about 40cm which went back to fight another day.

So yeah.... now I'm hooked again

Any recommendations for land-based fishing around Ballina gratefully received and if there are any locals on here I hope to catch up for a fish/beer at some stage.

Cheers

TH

Re: G'day from a new bloke (NSW Northern Rivers)

TH well done some good fishing up there i have heard sure beats congested cities and over fished waterways

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

Cheers Gazza ... judging from my first outing, I think I'm going to enjoy fishing around these parts.

Its good that you will enjoy it up here. You must be sad at moving away from the Apex Bakery tho.
    We called in to it a couple of weeks ago when we were down there.

You have moved a long way from the KG whiting too, sad.

Cheers
    Chimo
    What could go wrong.......................

Quote Originally Posted by Chimo View Post
    Its good that you will enjoy it up here. You must be sad at moving away from the Apex Bakery tho.
    We called in to it a couple of weeks ago when we were down there.

You have moved a long way from the KG whiting too, sad.

Cheers
    Chimo
    Yeah, no kiddin mate.... Apex is the bomb (the butcher next-door, Thorpey's is awesome too). They have a hush-hush 'secret mens business' get-together on Friday arvo's for lucky invitees and cook a lamb in the wood-fired oven and drink vino all arvo in the traditional Barossan long lunch-style... which is usually an 8-10hr affair.

Cheers

TH

Shame I wasn't there on a Friday, Bugger!
    What could go wrong.......................