Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Bar crushers Opinions?

Re: Bar crushers Opinions?

hard to look past that boat at $79k looks like a terrific setup, its big , good looking and looks comfy , just like how i like my women to be ..

Quote Originally Posted by catshark View Post
    hard to look past that boat at $79k looks like a terrific setup, its big , good looking and looks comfy , just like how i like my women to be ..

Yep, and have a think about what it cost new 9yrs ago. Pretty good resale.

Quote Originally Posted by jclay1773 View Post
    And the moda would be a 50% better boat.

Don’t understand the specific buyer. It’s not like a custom build has crazy ideas that won’t appeal to the general fisho. My build just has a heap of rod holders, drink holders, ski pole, big fuel and water tanks, dash, cabin layout etc. It’s basically exactly what you get on say a bc but just more of it or placed in better positions. You are not trying to sell a Dodge Charger to a family who are wanting to travel Aus!
    would the Moda be a 50% better boat ? ….. I didn't see it other than a few interesting floor coverings

Seen plenty of custom built boats sit on the market for a hell of a long time …. specially if they don't have a known name behind them.
    Boats made for NQ pretty well don't sell in the southern states - t's just an observation that I've made , so yeh you are selling to a much more limited market .

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    would the Moda be a 50% better boat ? ….. I didn't see it other than a few interesting floor coverings

Seen plenty of custom built boats sit on the market for a hell of a long time …. specially if they don't have a known name behind them.
    Boats made for NQ pretty well don't sell in the southern states - t's just an observation that I've made , so yeh you are selling to a much more limited market .

Chris
    I think the value of a custom boat is definitely in the local market, if I was given the choice of a riptide,moda etc or a custom brand that is made in another state but is just as good quality I would take the locally built boat due to brand recognition, a buyer from the other state would likely be vice versa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mercury 115ct going strong😁

Chris
    the moda is 100% a better boat than a sea jay. I have owned a sea jay and looked at getting a 7m one built. Pretty average boats.

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post

and here is Ben Ford from Fish and boat mags, old OMM for sale with a new awesome fitout ,new motor and alloy trailer...….this would be a very nice rig

https://www.boatsales.com.au/boats/d...Qb1sjjhYy2TSmg
    Didn't even last a week.....so much for custom boats being difficult to sell...

lately in regards to work, have seen a lot of boats coming to the yard that have been burnt from the bushfires, numerous pressed hull tinnies being totally burnt through the hulls, One of those OMM came in the other day and while the half the trailer was burnt out , the plate hull was still intact with only a slight buckle apparent. regardless of this i was mighty impressed by the quality of construction.

What happens from the fire, CS...?....are the hulls melting..?

It must be a bit sad to see peoples pride and joy in such a state...

I'm sure the lucky new owner will be happy with that OMM...its fitted out to perfection aside from not having a trolling motor.. ...

That hardly proves a point - does it ?

I'm sure if you looked you'll find plenty of plate boats that were slow to sell or couldn't sell / price dropped or were eventually removed. - & yes if you have one built by the the better known / respected builders , they will be easier to sell - purely through lack of volume as much as anything . .

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

What happens from the fire, CS...?....are the hulls melting..?

It must be a bit sad to see peoples pride and joy in such a state...

I'm sure the lucky new owner will be happy with that OMM...its fitted out to perfection aside from not having a trolling motor.. ...
    well heads up me mateys.......that OMM 580WA is headed to pickles auctions sometime in the next week ..keep a look out for it

yeah the pressed hulls have clean holes thru them can pass the ball thru em , sad indeed my foreman told me the fire affected OMM will be going to pickles next week, it only has a slight buckle look about the size of a dinner plate, still looks it will float, trailer has two wheels and some back rollers melted away and a ETEC on the back even if the auction went to $8-9000. would be a very good buy

Quote Originally Posted by catshark View Post
    well heads up me mateys.......that OMM 580WA is headed to pickles auctions sometime in the next week ..keep a look out for it
    haven't seen it listed yet CS.....it might be a good project for you if you would rather spend your weekends fixing it up rather than out fishing...lol...

That hardly proves a point - does it ?

I'm sure if you looked you'll find plenty of plate boats that were slow to sell or couldn't sell / price dropped or were eventually removed. - & yes if you have one built by the the better known / respected builders , they will be easier to sell - purely through lack of volume as much as anything . .

Chris
    You BC owners sure are a precious bunch....

Chris I have never asserted that a BC wasn't a decent boat...and as mentioned they do hold their value well ...

Its just that for the OP's needs of a family fishing boat for island hopping in NQ there are better options and configurations IMO …..show me a kid that doesn't like sitting up at the bow with the wind in their hair while you are zooming around tropical islands....

and wondering what the OP decided upon as he hasn't been active for 2 weeks....

Just been out fishing on my mates 7m BC it was very wet and seemed to bang a lot. I’m used to Haines Hunter

haven't seen it listed yet CS.....it might be a good project for you if you would rather spend your weekends fixing it up rather than out fishing...lol...
    hell no , my christmas holidays was taking up by a v8 rebuild, bushfire smoking and not enough fishing, ive gotz to get my boat wet again and have some blue water therapy.......ahh the serinty