Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bar crushers Opinions?

Re: Bar crushers Opinions?

sounds like the drunk guy selling meat tray tickets at the local on a friday
    just like their 2v4 stroke tests they do load of horsehsit

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    Scuppers - hate em. They may be of assistance in a swamping but you would have to have a pretty serious cock up to get to that point - heaven knows, I've tried.
    Take it from someone who has swamped a 17 ft boat with no scuppers...you never mean it to happen but shit gets real if it does and the bilge pump is no use..no fun when everyone is grabbing any bucket or container and bailing like a madman to save the boat before it reachs the point of no return...…it wouldn't have even got to that point if it was a sealed deck with scuppers...and yeah it was my stupidity that caused the situation...

So yeah I like the safety of them except for the wet deck situation where a little sump would good in conjunction with the scuppers..

Steve I couldn't buy a boat off that guy...as Milzee says he is a bit of a flog....lol....I would be outta there within 2 minutes of listening to that overbearing voice but the reviews are Ok and he does show the good and bad points ...

Dirtyfuzz the OMM do look like a very nice boat but I think you made the right choice... your newly repowered cat is a ripper...

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    ...you never mean it to happen but shit gets real if it does and the bilge pump is no use..no fun when everyone is grabbing any bucket or container and bailing like a madman to save the boat before it reachs the point of no return...…
    It has often been said that the best bilge pump is a shit scared man with a bucket.......

If you like the finish of the Bar Crusher, check out a Mclay. Stepping up from a tinnie I went with a Mclay, for a few reasons, but one of them being the build quality. Very strong, similar style to bar crusher with arguably less maintenance than glass. Been happy so far.

Quote Originally Posted by BrisManny View Post
    If you like the finish of the Bar Crusher, check out a Mclay. Stepping up from a tinnie I went with a Mclay, for a few reasons, but one of them being the build quality. Very strong, similar style to bar crusher with arguably less maintenance than glass. Been happy so far.
    Which model did you get? How do you find the ride?

I got the 571 sportsman cuddy with bimini/clears and Yammy 130. Only been outside 3 times so far (13 hours), ride seems good for an alloy. My mate has a haines signature 6meter+ and it's definitely not the same ride! But getting used to it, seems to ride better skimming over the top of the swell/chop, the sweet spot seems faster than you think - if that make sense.

Pic attached

There are lots of boat options out there aside from the Barcrusher & some are very good & some better than the BC . Then there are plenty that might be "good boats" but they are often very agricultural ….. & I believe that that is what you end up with for similar coin for what you pay for a BC …. The fit out is generally pretty basic with the use of cheap off the shelf components. Welding can be pretty ordinary. .
    Yeh if you go to someone like OMM , AMM or Moda you will end up with a very nice boat - but you are gong to pay for the privilege & considerably more …… That's the experience I had when I was looking for a custom build boat back in 2012 .

Another point that I have seen is the resale value of a BC is typically much better than a lot of boats - Custom made boats are often difficult to sell (from what I have seen)

The Barcrushers are a good off the shelf boat …… with a good following for good reasons . There are a hell of a lot of BC owner who have gone again once or even twice - that's pretty telling.
    I will say from my experiences that they are much better suited to the sea conditions of the Southern States than what is experienced in NQ

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

I lasted about 5 mins of the first video. The bloke is a typical salesman and full of his own importance.

As for the comparison, I would rather form my own opinion of take the opinion of someone I trusted.

Just my opinion

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish forums

is the bar crusher design a result of the early surtess being sent here in containers? limiting the width and height of the boats

all boutique plate hulls seem to be wider deeper etc

its hwy you see a lot of chinese stuff with weird dimensions especially their glass hulls

The Barcrusher of now days, is derived originally from Neil Surtess designed Surtess hulls, I don't thing the container size had anything to do with it, that was the size and shape of the Surtess hull...

Col

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    There are lots of boat options out there aside from the Barcrusher & some are very good & some better than the BC . Then there are plenty that might be "good boats" but they are often very agricultural ….. & I believe that that is what you end up with for similar coin for what you pay for a BC …. The fit out is generally pretty basic with the use of cheap off the shelf components. Welding can be pretty ordinary. .
    Yeh if you go to someone like OMM , AMM or Moda you will end up with a very nice boat - but you are gong to pay for the privilege & considerably more …… That's the experience I had when I was looking for a custom build boat back in 2012 .

Another point that I have seen is the resale value of a BC is typically much better than a lot of boats - Custom made boats are often difficult to sell (from what I have seen)

The Barcrushers are a good off the shelf boat …… with a good following for good reasons . There are a hell of a lot of BC owner who have gone again once or even twice - that's pretty telling.
    I will say from my experiences that they are much better suited to the sea conditions of the Southern States than what is experienced in NQ

Chris

You can not compare a bc, omm or amm to a moda. A moda is a totally different style of boat aimed at fishing with luxury.

I disagree regarding the price comment. A bc is no cheaper and in some cases more than a custom build such as omm. Remember that a bc 680 is same size as most custom boats around the 6m size.

Also a decent custom build has extremely good resale.

For the record, I rate the bc fairly well for a mass produced boat.

In the past, I had two Bar Crashes.
    1st one had 115 Yamaha and second had Honda 130 . I love them,
    I used to catch anything from whiting to marlin anywhere from Tweed Heads to 1770 and spent up to 2 nights out wide ,day trips with family to local islands etc
    it is what it is.
    would I buy 3rd ? yes
    just my personal opinion

Quote Originally Posted by jclay1773 View Post
    You can not compare a bc, omm or amm to a moda. A moda is a totally different style of boat aimed at fishing with luxury.

I disagree regarding the price comment. A bc is no cheaper and in some cases more than a custom build such as omm. Remember that a bc 680 is same size as most custom boats around the 6m size.

Also a decent custom build has extremely good resale.

For the record, I rate the bc fairly well for a mass produced boat.
    Not all Moda boats are the fully tricked jobbies ….. just like AMM who will build a boat up to the next level & cost you 10s of thousands more. I was looking at a 5m Moda side console - it was 25% more than the 5m Seajay I had built .

As for resale value … it depends on who made it - As with anything custom made you need a specific buyer ….. & then they'll try to smash you down

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Not all Moda boats are the fully tricked jobbies ….. just like AMM who will build a boat up to the next level & cost you 10s of thousands more. I was looking at a 5m Moda side console - it was 25% more than the 5m Seajay I had built .

As for resale value … it depends on who made it - As with anything custom made you need a specific buyer ….. & then they'll try to smash you down

Chris
    And the moda would be a 50% better boat.

Don’t understand the specific buyer. It’s not like a custom build has crazy ideas that won’t appeal to the general fisho. My build just has a heap of rod holders, drink holders, ski pole, big fuel and water tanks, dash, cabin layout etc. It’s basically exactly what you get on say a bc but just more of it or placed in better positions. You are not trying to sell a Dodge Charger to a family who are wanting to travel Aus!

Chris
    Chris, I don't agree at all with your assessment that BC are so much cheaper than a custom build....perhaps except Moda but as mentioned they are a top shelf rig..

You can buy a base package OMM 6.3m (6.7LOA) from 85-90K ready to fish.....

You would be paying as much or more for the BC 670 with a smaller motor and narrower beam....

I know which boat I would rather have regardless of if I lived in NQ or the southern states...

I guess it all comes down to bang for your buck and regardless of how pretty the BC welds are ...I don't think they do real great regarding comparative value against what else is out there...

And the reason I bought from China is I found the boats from most of the well known custom builders hold there value too well and to get what I was after in my budget would have meant a 10 yr old boat and motor....10 yr old hull I could handle but I wanted a late model or new motor...

http://www.fishandboat.com.au/articl...dy-by-ben-keen

and here is Ben Ford from Fish and boat mags, old OMM for sale with a new awesome fitout ,new motor and alloy trailer...….this would be a very nice rig

https://www.boatsales.com.au/boats/d...Qb1sjjhYy2TSmg