Thread: Coolum Beach - Thursday 16/01

Coolum Beach - Thursday 16/01

Hi All

I fished Coolum Beach Thursday morning for a couple of hours. Found a nice bit of water between the rocks and shore on the incoming tide.

Being disorganised I did not collect any fresh bait and was using servo prawns.

While small dart were the predominant catch I managed to get one nice whiting and a few tarwhine (not great eating in my opinion) and one bream.

Pretty happy with the effort as I fish the beach about once a year using my 8 foot general purpose rod and reel.

Cheers

CZ
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200116_055414.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	59.9 KB 
ID:	120644   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200116_074329.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	120645  

Re: Coolum Beach - Thursday 16/01

CZ,
    I grew up in Coolum Beach and spent many hours fishing around there. Next time you head out, go out towards the point. I don't know how many ours i spent launching my bait out as far as i could to not get much, then one day mucking around dropped a piece a mullet pretty much at my feet in a little gorge and landed a beast of a bream. That completely changed my view and approached. very small to next to no weight, big chunk of mullett or cunji off the same rocks at your feet and literally dropped it in the small gorges or valleys around the end of the point and continually got very nice fish...
    JN

Re: Coolum Beach - Thursday 16/01

Look how clean looking that bream is the water your fishing must be really clear

We have a location here called The Entrance, before we had big floods a few years back along the inlet beaches u could walk out 20 meters in knee high water and stand or sit on mini sand banks it use to be whiting heaven catch after catch they are great fun on really light gear

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app