Thread: Mid cabin dimensions

Mid cabin dimensions

I'm looking for the dimensions of the centre cabin on a mustang or similar. Mostly the height above the bed and of the cutout in the bulkhead to access. Thanks

Re: Mid cabin dimensions

Are u trying to use a cabin off another boat or something? give us an idea on what you trying to do, plenty of experienced guys here to help you

I'm not one lol but plenty of knowledge on the forum

I have an old cruiser with a lot of wasted space in the bilge, there's enough width and length for a double mattress so i was wondering what height production boats allow for a crawl in bed

The bilge from my understanding is the back lower section of the hull are u talking about the bow?

Just make it your own style and size to fit your own comfort if u want to walk around or crawl than make it so high

Good thing about boats is u can customize them however u like

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

Ausfish Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by on-one View Post
    I'm looking for the dimensions of the centre cabin on a mustang or similar. Mostly the height above the bed and of the cutout in the bulkhead to access. Thanks
    My Mustang 24 has a transverse berth.

The access hole is 810 wide and 560 high. With the ladder out of the way, its easy enough for me to get into and I'm the wrong side of 100kg.
    The height from bottom of mattress to ceiling is 750mm with 75mm cushions/mattress.
    The outer sides of the mattress "floor" step up 75mm and are trimmed in backless carpet, in order to keep the floor of the bridgedeck as low as possible and maintain the 750mm headroom.

Perhaps the photos will make more sense:

IMG_0170.jpgIMG_0169.jpgIMG_0168.jpg