Thread: Mounting 2 Transducers

Mounting 2 Transducers

Hello

Looking at mounting a second transducer to a shark cat. Should I mount 1 (the garmin) on one engine pod transom and the other (the lowrance) on the other engine pod transom to minimise any interference that may occur between the 2 chartplotters/sounders.

Or can I mount both transducers next to one another and have no interference?

Cheers
    Craig

Re: Mounting 2 Transducers

Quote Originally Posted by Whiley_Whiting View Post
    Hello

Looking at mounting a second transducer to a shark cat. Should I mount 1 (the garmin) on one engine pod transom and the other (the lowrance) on the other engine pod transom to minimise any interference that may occur between the 2 chartplotters/sounders.

Or can I mount both transducers next to one another and have no interference?

Cheers
    Craig
    With my bigger rigs i always had two units but had the tranies opposide side to each other and trasny wires opposide side also

Ausfish Silver Member jackson4300's Avatar

Got Garmin and Furuno transducers side by side and no interference.

You won't know whether you will get interference until you try it. The deeper you go, the more likely it will be to present itself due to cone geometry and the higher gain settings. You can simply not mount transducers far enough apart on a trailer boat to say that that is why you don't get interference. Most units have filters that will get rid of it but in the process you will be trimming out guenuine sonar returns as well. Most of the time running them on different frequencies will be the answer. Seperation between cables certainly won't hurt either but once again is not an automatic guarantee you won't have interference.