Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Nissan Patrol (petrol 5.6 V8) vs Toyota 200 (diesel TT V8) /Towing fuel economy

Re: Nissan Patrol (petrol 5.6 V8) vs Toyota 200 (diesel TT V8) /Towing fuel economy

Quote Originally Posted by shortthenlong View Post
    Did he try the "oh it's not the model/year/colour/trim level/tyre size I expected. I don't actually want it but I can still take it for $200" line?

Matt
    Nah he knew what it was that is the first time i've ever seen a scrapper in Sydney pay over $200 for a car

He may flog the engine for a ton of cash tho

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

Re: Nissan Patrol (petrol 5.6 V8) vs Toyota 200 (diesel TT V8) /Towing fuel economy

Geez the old xtrail is a thirsty bugger 2 trips to blacktown 1 trip to liverpool she smashed $30+ worth of fuel with the aircon going thats about 23L of fuel

Total of 94.2km she smashed 23L of fuel holly crap i just used google maps to calculate my travel

I didnt think the old girl drank anywhere near that

I could be driving a v8 commodore for that kind of fuel usage

Few years back shortly after the rebuild i used the air conditioner every day and dont recall her using that much

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Geez the old xtrail is a thirsty bugger 2 trips to blacktown 1 trip to liverpool she smashed $30+ worth of fuel with the aircon going thats about 23L of fuel

Total of 94.2km she smashed 23L of fuel holly crap i just used google maps to calculate my travel

I didnt think the old girl drank anywhere near that

I could be driving a v8 commodore for that kind of fuel usage

Few years back shortly after the rebuild i used the air conditioner every day and dont recall her using that much

Mate 24L per 100k really is bad. Not sure what's going on there. Are you treating the accelerator like a 2 position switch?

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

4km/L....something seriously wrong there Gazza. Can't even make my thirsty 200 diesel drink fuel like that.

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    4km/L....something seriously wrong there Gazza. Can't even make my thirsty 200 diesel drink fuel like that.
    You just aren't trying hard enough. My wife daily drives our 4.2td 100 series and she can get past 20l/100kms regularly.

That does seem bad for the xtrail though

Matt

The 2004 T30 xtrail is a really slow car to drive and when the air con is on it really kicks the engine in the guts and u have to give it a fair amount of throttle especially when taking off, shes a manual, about 3 to 4 years ago i drove everywhere with the air con on had no worries at all she may be up for a service i think

when i rebuilt her i gave her a full service but that was 4.5 years ago i have only changed the oil and oil filter ever since

kind of a neglected beat up car every man has smashed into it.... it feels like a dozen people have keyed it poor old thing

i will hopefully be out of debt soon and will buy another car was looking at the 00 pajero love the look of them and they have some down a lot in price since i had the 97 pajero

Quote Originally Posted by shortthenlong View Post
    You just aren't trying hard enough. My wife daily drives our 4.2td 100 series and she can get past 20l/100kms regularly.

Matt
    Hate to think how hard I'd have to try to get those sort of numbers. Trying as hard as one dares I still only do 15's going to work and back. Don't ever get her a 200 - cost a fortune in fines by the sounds of things

The xtrail goes really well with no air con on i get at lease 400kms to a tank 450kms from a independant servo when i rebuilt her i pushed and pushed her with fuel light on i just got 548km but thought i was going to break down and run out of fuel

With the air con on it feels as if i lose 40% of power maybe the clutch is wearing out

Scottar, put 4t behind it and you can get those figures🤭

Cheers
    Lee

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums
    The wait is finally over.........was worth every minute..........let the RIPTIDE rip..........hell yehhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Any_Weather View Post
    Scottar, put 4t behind it and you can get those figures🤭

Cheers
    Lee

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums
    I nearly get there with the boat on - about 19s but I'm a bit less liberal with the boot if I'm towing. 4 ton would do it no worries.

wow, talk about serious issues, lol. My old xtrail, deisel, auto used to get around 10l/100km with a full load of tools and aircon on. It got 12s when towing my signature. Not a slow vehicle by any stretch.
    You probably have a petrol version, slipping clutch, stuffed motor, lol. The japs did put shit petrol engines in their "commercial" and 4wd vehicles. (guzzlers !)
    The xtrail deisel motors came from Renault, the petrol ones were leftovers from their truck range i guess.

The T30 model petrol suffered from sucking back catalytic material into the combusion chamber and it wore the rings out, there are a lot of them out there

Been looking into cars would love to go down memory lane and buy another Holden VB 253 V8 which can tow 1590kg with a hayman and reese towbar

I loved that car had it resprayed metalic gun metal gray, tinted windows, lowered, extractors, 2.5" exhaust right thru, mags she was loud as all .... spent thousands of dollars on the old girl in 1999 only to trade her in for a VN commodore that i than owned for 8 following years

Owned a VR commodore (toyota rebadged) for a further 5 or 6 years

Miss that old baby V8 tho all she needed was to be cammed and it would have had that chuggy lumpy sound man what a memory traded her in for $1000 bloody what a mistake

While i still owned the VB i looked at another car a VK Calais 308 turbo V8 for $4500 i took it for a test drive and could hold the brakes on at the lights car kept creeping forward i passed on buying this car and went and bought the V6 stock VN commodore lol bloody ridiculous now

I sold the VN for $400

The VB would have been valued $10,000+

The VK turbo V8 calais would have been valued $50,000+ today

Boy what a mistake...

hindsight is wonderful, some old aussie muscle cars are way out there in price now, always loved a WB one tonner, cant find em any more......as for the VB well thats a horrible beer ha ha ... the xtrail will struggle with the behometh that is your next rig ,,,,consider a torqey 4.0 litre barra motor in a ford terry or a v8 wj jeep cherokee, both average the same fuel economy at 14 litres combined urban driving ..