Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Nissan Patrol (petrol 5.6 V8) vs Toyota 200 (diesel TT V8) /Towing fuel economy

Re: Nissan Patrol (petrol 5.6 V8) vs Toyota 200 (diesel TT V8) /Towing fuel economy

skulldrag that summbitch
    Quote Originally Posted by stevej View Post

Re: Nissan Patrol (petrol 5.6 V8) vs Toyota 200 (diesel TT V8) /Towing fuel economy

Cat from what i found out the 302 windsor is a old engine came as carby they than added efi

Im a holden bloke but dont mind fords, owned a festiva a long time ago

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

yeah what ive found with jeep is if you can work on it yourself , than one you wont be taken to the cleaners, two alot of people and mechanics dont understand them, the fliud specs keep changing on them thru the years in regard to transfer case etc, you do your research on them , keep the oil changed in them and dont overheat them they will run a long time .
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzza View Post
    Hey Gazza,
    I sold two fairlanes a while back, my parents had the 6 in it, NA immaculate body and motor, 180,000kms for $1200
    Mine was an NC ghia perfect running order 160000kms bit of seaside rust starting but not bad for $1000
    I had a 2 1/2" straight thru on the windsor 5 litre and sounded ok, went like it would as a stock motor, super reliable, interior was smick.
    You will know if the lsd works as you tap it off the lights in the rain and the back end slides out, lots of fun(controlled fun).
    Was a great tow vehicle and no probs pulling the big boat off most slippery ramps with the lsd, even with bit of slip.
    Excellent touring cars and had all the fancy bits of later model cars and they didn't bust, one prob I had was one window actuator after 20 years which you can forgive and a steering rack replaced for $500.
    Never been a fan of gas but that may just be me.
    Happy motoring
    PS I did by a WJ jeep 4.7 ho and it has been faultless 2004 most bugs ironed out and I love it as a cruiser, daily and tow vehicle and beach fishing unit, goes like stink for a 4by compared to my gq, and 80 series, paid 6 grand for the WJ with 140,000kms on the clock with history , secret is oil changes on 4.7 motors
    Cheers
    Muz

Attachment 120799
    Attachment 120800
    Attachment 120801

Specs on the 302, not massive but solid for their day as a stock luxury car, like any motor you could spec em up but most ford guys just went 351 clevelands
    Fairlane – 5 l itre

221hp / 165kw

3638lbs – 1650 kgs
    18 gallon – 61 litres

205.5” – 5.220m
    73.1” – 1.857m
    Turning circle – 11.4m – 37.4 feet
    0-60 – 8.3
    ¼ - 15.9

My fav 4wd I ever had series 3 original 4 cyl motor, go absolutely anywhere on rocks or sand, smashed any hills, and towed anything slowly for long distances.
    They just wouldn't stop, lol Too many scary stops towing big boats
    Attachment 120802

Catshark,
    exactly, there are so many out there, america numbers are enormous, they can't be that bad. Same as most models, get a later one of the series
    I always check oil and a top up is normal for a high revving ho Jeep between changes. No leaks that's just what they do Only talking mills. I run 5/30 penrite synthetic which is different to others models and always top penrite oils in transfer and diffs
    And check water / coolant, mine has been a dream and so much fun to drive, and sounds like a v8(aftermarket exhaust) and goes like one when you hit it. Quadra 4wd seems to go ok, I've done a few hill climbs and sand runs where it performs nicely.
    Clearance sux and if you lift em you need to do it properly or apparently a death wobble at speed can occur, but if you lift a 4wd do it properly eh. More to it than throwing in a body lift or springs and shocks. I don't bush bash anymore so happy where it's at.
    Muz

Hijacking this thread sorry , my Mav had some arti for a stock sort of 4wd

Attachment 120803
    Attachment 120804
    Attachment 120805

yeah you lift em you get the wobble, unless you do it right ,arent they the best riding 4wd ever, the seats are the most comfortable in any vehicle ive been in ..period Muzza i bought a jeep of a pensioner cheap because he couldnt afford the $4500 the mechanic want to do his head gasket repair, he had a aftermarket thermostat that seized when i took it apart i found out, any way one of the heads was slightly warped because of it overheated, took the heads to the mill shop, " nah we cant machine it down because its out of spec .002 thousandths. are you kidding me ? give em back to me, got the 15mm thick glass sheet and sand papers and went to TOWN , new gaskets, new head bolts, de glazed carbon spots, polished the valves clean, assembly complete and runs smoother than my other WJ, yes i got two WJs its a jeep thing..

I've seen people do that on youtube Cat ya mad but nothing to loose when a shop wont touch it, they may not have wanted to machine your heads as they may be liable for 12 months on workmanship and there work

Hows about the machine shop i use he doesnt even give u receipts i asked him for something he was scratching his head saying he didnt even have paper lol but he marks the jobs he does like my cylinder head he stamped numbers on it and he put some kind of over heat marker on it from vague memory

I've done close to 30 recoveries on the beach but this one blows me away, ps never needed a tow or snatch, touch wood. And in jest yeah but a triton, lol

This was a 4.7 stock 3" lift 2001 quadra drive not even the HO which runs close to 270hp

Quote Originally Posted by Muzza View Post
    I've done close to 30 recoveries on the beach but this one blows me away, ps never needed a tow or snatch, touch wood. And in jest yeah but a triton, lol

This was a 4.7 stock 3" lift 2001 quadra drive not even the HO which runs close to 270hp

That bloke could have kept going would have made it home for dinner haha

I know the arabs do hill climbs but these guys are nuts

had one guy contact me about my old xtrail i had it advertised for $1250 we agreed on $1100 he comes out looks the car over takes it for a test drive and goes im going to buy the car but not at your price, i thought hang on we already agreed on a price... than he goes i will give u $800 i said no so he got out of the car with hand brake off out of gear on top of my driveway and walked off ....... idiot car could have rolled strait thru my house

i thought i was offering the car at a generous price people are offering $400 like what the actual ....?

even tho its a really cheap price lots and lots of people are pissing me around not showing up, waiting for a guy now lets see if he shows up

Gee whiz one guy tries to wring every drop of water out of the cloth so to speak and the next guy just hands over the money and takes the car...

Xtrail has been sold

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Gee whiz one guy tries to wring every drop of water out of the cloth so to speak and the next guy just hands over the money and takes the car...

Xtrail has been sold

I know the feeling well, my boats on the market and i get it too. "This is all i have", so wtf did you call me? the price is on the add, go bother a charity.
    well obviously you cant say those things to potential customers, but some people have no shame.