Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GT or FG Knot

Re: GT or FG Knot

Quote Originally Posted by TheGurn View Post
    As someone else said... I use the albright, and because I cut the tags as short as possible, I also use a tiny smear of superglue to be sure there's no slipping. Just make sure the tag end goes back thru the loop the way it went in or it will unravel first few casts. No issues with tiny guides rattling when casting softies, or failures using 10lb braid and 14lb flouro leader.
    Quick & easy in the wind and with failing eyesight.
    Even my useless blind fat-fingered bro-in-law can tie it properly.... sometimes.
    For lighter lines you can 'double' the braid for more security.

Cheers
    Gurn.
    Seen too many fly offs with an Albright - including my own. I went to Rod Harrisons improved version which I used for years .

The trouble with Albrights is that the tag end hits the guides on the retrieve and can open slightly …… this sometimes catches loops of braid during a cast causing a type of wind knot (particularly on spin)….. bloody horrible . Yep I used superglue but a big improvement comes from using a UV curable product like Loon UV knot sense or Solarez as they are flexible .
    Regardless - learning to tie a FG is a quantum leap forward ….. & I still use the UV curable resin to make it better

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Blog Entries

I only use FG knot for braid to leader no matter the line size.

Ive just done the uni knot for all my leader connections never had a problem but , im not sure id do the uni knot on 60 to 80 lb leader thought.