Thread: 420 renegade rod storage

420 renegade rod storage

I’m sick of tripping over rods so trying to sort out rod storage in my 420 renegade

I prefer to use the Bimini most of the time just to cut down sun exposure as I’m getting to the age that the doc wants to burn this cut this eyc out of my skin

I should have ordered a rod locker but funds weren’t unlimited at the time of order

This may sound bizzare but I have seen vertical rod holders mounted on the console and a zip added to the Bimini in a semi circle shape like those used in clears on ones that clip to front screen of a cuddly cab

U shaped zip. roll it up and the rods stick up through the Bimini

What else have people done ?

420 renegade rod storage

Any room to mount one of those alloy 4x rod holders near the transom somewhere out of the way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mercury 115ct going strong😁

Re: 420 renegade rod storage

Possible as a last resort
    I normally fish off the front of alone. With my son he has the front so I can keep an eye on him and I fish from the rear

Not sure if it helps steve but i rivetted two velcro straps to the side, and I put my rods nose to tail and they stay out of the way ok. Bit of carpet against the side to stop them banging if required.

thanks sheik
    just down along the inside of the hull under the gunnells ?

been lucky to get some better gear of late and just trying to look after it

Can't build a rod locker out of ply?

Quote Originally Posted by stevej View Post
    thanks sheik
    just down along the inside of the hull under the gunnells ?

been lucky to get some better gear of late and just trying to look after it
    If I was near the ship I'd take a pic but not. I got hold of some 40mm width velcro from something or other, then cut a little ali washer to prevent it pulling through the material and rivetted them about 1500 apart. I can fit four rods in them. Because I do a lot of live bait cast netting, I hate having rods in holder, - same with crabbing and getting rod tips broken by mangrove branches. When they're down below the level of the gunnels, there's no drama. I tow with them there and cast net with them there. Once I've got bait, they can go into the upright holder, which I have alongside the side console.

ive only got the 420 model would be some drastic cutting to make a rod locker work
    "should" have gone bigger but where do you stop this barely fits in the local river as it is atm

Ausfish Bronze Member Ah Me Ting's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stevej View Post
    I’m sick of tripping over rods so trying to sort out rod storage in my 420 renegade

I prefer to use the Bimini most of the time just to cut down sun exposure as I’m getting to the age that the doc wants to burn this cut this eyc out of my skin

I should have ordered a rod locker but funds weren’t unlimited at the time of order

This may sound bizzare but I have seen vertical rod holders mounted on the console and a zip added to the Bimini in a semi circle shape like those used in clears on ones that clip to front screen of a cuddly cab

U shaped zip. roll it up and the rods stick up through the Bimini

What else have people done ?
    If you've already got the bimini ... what about just adding a rocket launcher?

https://www.whitworths.com.au/oceans...ocket-launcher
    When my wife calls, tell her I'm in "Ah Me Ting"

Ah Me Ting = 2019 Quintrex 420 Renegade (Tohatsu 50hp 2 Stroke)

Hi

Sometimes I use it sometimes not
    But the light bass break gear wouldn’t stay in and trees a issue
    $700 to $1k per outfit would rather not use that

Ausfish Platinum Member

We’ve got a 5m Top Ender, use the Bimini heaps when up NT, I’ve bolted a bull bar rod holder to the side storage pocket. Putting the rods in just means poking the tip out the Bimini and lowering into the holder.
    It’s mounted in the middle of the Bimini, so I’ve gotta get around Bimini poles anyway.
    My other idea is to get some rod tubes the same as what is in my Hobie PA14 Kayak and for them into the cast deck.

Cheers
    Corry
    Cheers
    Corry

Will have a look at that as an option on the weekend

Thanks