Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Little boat up for sale, What do u think its worth?

Little boat up for sale, What do u think its worth?

Looking for advice on what u think this boat is worth fella's

floor is very solid, transom feels solid when i tilt engine up and bounce on engine but there were holes in the transom, stringers were solid last outing a year ago as was transom, comes with fire extinguisher, set of flairs, 2 oars, 4 life jackets, whistle, 50hp engine tilt and trim, electric start, 100ah battery, will be installing usa timken bearings, a tiny bit of rust in trailer, fish finder old school

both and trailer have rego untill feburary next year

only thing it needs is new throttle cable a proper genuine branded cable

i have a buyer for $1400 but i have just put in around 15 to 20 hours of labour just rectifying the problems i feel for $1400 im cutting my self off at the knees and selling my self short, i have been thru Gumtree on all boats $1000 to $3000 and nothing compairs they all have no rego or unworking engines or something wrong with them, mine once finished should have everything working even the needed throttle cable but that is the only thing needing replacing

whats your opinions on whats shes worth?

Re: Little boat up for sale, What do u think its worth?

Mate I’ll give you $1500 and flip it in 24hours down here and make a tidy profit (provided what you say is correct, and the engine runs well).
    For the record, I sold my last boat in 6 hours on Facebook

Hope that answers your question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

orange sydney is a hard market to sell in most people just want it the cheapest they can get it for ihad an offer of $500, $800... one guy that has kept wanting it for the past week will pay $1400 so long as he sees it running down the lake

worth more than $1400 , id say your mystery buyer is in fact a dealer wanting to shine her up and flip it.......sounds like it is structual sound and mechy allright , its only a cosmetic look that needs a buff and shine.............its worth around the $3000 mark

Yeah good eye Cat she lost her shine about 9 months ago than started getting dirty and light fibreglass mould over the anchor area i need to use the gurni but unsure about our regulations atm

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

yeah should see the prices they want for boats down in victoria like 70s era mould of hulls like with the seahorse motors ha ha . nasty

I've owned a couple like that haha an old Pongrass that we almost sank in botany bay 10pm in 100kph winds i absolutely shit my self

I had another one an old Stejcraft half cabin that one i use to sleep like a baby in the cabin

But times have changed these days a lot of people want alloy boats i even had 1 guy ask if my boat was alloy

I'll give the old girl a wash before i put her up for sale again i will take her down the lake get some videos and floating pics, try jazz up my add a little

As mentioned there are no boats like mine on there, here are a few im competing with

I never bought my boat as one whole running rig i bought the b/m/t with a blown powerhead and not pumping water

I bought all the safety gear that alone was $400

Had to buy a powerhead and install it lucky found one on ebay in WA had it shipped over by my courier

Had to buy a expensive timing light, two impellers, powerhead gasket kit

I have seriously spent over 50 hours on this boat just trying to repair it more than half of that time with the gearboxAttachment 120569Attachment 120570Attachment 120571Attachment 120572Attachment 120573

Ausfish Platinum Member

Yes, but unfortunately, no buyer will care about how much you have spent or how much time you have in it. Hard fact. The old..."but it owes me $xxxx" counts for nothing. It is only "worth" what someone is willing to pay for it. Having said that, if it's all running, nothing to really spend, licenced, etc, especially with a full set of safety gear, it would have to be closer to the $3K others have mentioned.

Yeah i know i wont get back all the hours i put into it i was just mentioning that was a lot of work

I'll put $2,500-$2,600 on it and see how i go after a week or two

Will try list it on as many sites as possible to get it out there

Gazza, I would put at least $2850 on it, you will have a little more room to negotiate. Don't sell yourself short.

Agree with Dig's Gazza. I think your selling yourself short with anything less......

Col

Thanks guys much appreciate the help on a price

There are minor things like the side combings are rotted and slightly falling off (side pockets inside cabin area)

The trailer has minor rust

Its the time to sell so i'll see what i can get for her after i fix the water pump and wheel bearings it was 48-49c here today so probably no work getting done to hot

Just told the keen buyer at $1400 i have to spend more money on the boat it will have cost me $400 in repairs to get it seaworth, trailer in towable condition etc...

Sprung $2600 on the buyer and he went shy

I have removed the shitty wood bait board and the dicky bait board tap and pump arragement, pissed off the metal bracket that it was attached to, got rid of the fish finder transducer its a really old eagle fish finder i would rather seal up the transom than sell the boat with all this hanging off the transom and looking astetically ugly

Drilled transom screw holes out than epoxied than sanded just need to paint over the epoxy

Might give her a vacuum this afternoon with that big vacuum i bought for my big boat

Love how forgiving gel coat is when sanding i ised 80 grit on level 1 bosch orbital and it only knocked the epoxy glue off the gel coat also went over some stains with the orbital

Now need to give her a wash possibly temove all the shit stickers all over the boat especially ditch the bitch sticker! Than i need to work out if a polish will help the sale....

Lovely hull with a good deadrise. IMO the motor might be the weak link. I would run a mile before I bought it because of that donk, but that's just me. I'd be more inclined to buy it with an old yammie for example, but that's just working from my experience, having bought a few dodgy boats in my time and getting stuck, notably on the Fitzroy, where getting out to swim home is not recommended. I reckon a polish might make it look better and sell better but will make it look a bit suss? Maybe not? Dunno.