Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Little boat up for sale, What do u think its worth?

Re: Little boat up for sale, What do u think its worth?

Bloke from yesterday with the several time changes was meant to be here over an hour ago.... the other bloke pulled out too.... this isn't looking to flash for a sale so far, pulled another all nighter so i would be up for both of them this morning....

One guy came out today he came from 200kms north down south he was worried about the trailer having rusty mud guards

Got some more guys coming tomorrow hopefully, for the keen people showing interest i have explained the rust, the inside needing a vacuum and 2 seats,

I personally think people are showing up expecting an immaculate boat for $2700 in peak of summer, there is nothing like my boat on gumtree for under $4500

Its got me beat why people are just pissing in the wind

I im even telling the people i will let them off money from my asking price to make the repairs and still only 2 guys showing up i cant make the repairs as i have no funds

I have given my address to at lease 20 people now 2 showed up

Not sure what im doing wrong

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

Just persevere mate. Eventually it will sell. It may not heppen overnight, but it wool heppen.

Yeah another guy just came out he was calling and calling than txting and msging me on fb i picked up and he called me back said he went to the bank and wants the boat, comes out says he needs approval of the wife... looks the boat over and nit picks than leaves lol

I'll give it a few more days and put 2k on it.. trying to make time for all these non show'ers and time for the 3 that have came out is tiring when im not in a day mood i feel wiped out getting fa sleep some saying they are coming at 7am others 6-7pm really messes with me when my sleeping is medically controlled

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Yeah another guy just came out he was calling and calling than txting and msging me on fb i picked up and he called me back said he went to the bank and wants the boat, comes out says he needs approval of the wife... looks the boat over and nit picks than leaves lol

I'll give it a few more days and put 2k on it.. trying to make time for all these non show'ers and time for the 3 that have came out is tiring when im not in a day mood i feel wiped out getting fa sleep some saying they are coming at 7am others 6-7pm really messes with me when my sleeping is medically controlled

Just make a time that suits you, don’t have to tell them the reason why. If they are interested they will come when you are available.

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app

Thats the thing there are so many people i have probably 50 people that msg about the boat im trying to juggle them all so no two people turn up at the same time, one guy wanted to c ome this afternoon but i was a sleep and missed out ah well

Cannot believe some of the shit these people are nit picking at, i changed the engine power cables to new marine grade cables and never connected the nav lights a simple connection at the battery terminals and they are kicking ip a fuss about that geez

People that do that are interested but simply looking for reasons to get the price down. Unfortunately the market you are in, you are dealing with punters that have very little to spend on a boat or are looking to pay as little as possible to maximise profits when they flip it. The right buyer will come, you'll just have to wade through the rest until they get there.

I never seen it like that Scott thanks the 3 guys that have came out all asked what im willing to take for it and i reply with 'make an offer' and all 3 have shyed away than left, do u think i should tell them a price or let them make an offer?

I thought of letting them make an offer that way i know how much coin they have or are willing to spend rather than me cut my self short and say a lower price than they are willing to pay

Stick with your price Gazza, it's only been on the market a short time.
    If they ask whats your best price, throw it back at them, the full ask, but make the comment, I'm open to sensible offers !!!.
    That's it, if they don't give you an offer, let them leave, they new the price before they arrived, .
    Just give it some time Gazza, it's hard, I hate selling things, but just give it some time....

Col

Everyone expects a bit off unless you have indicated "no offers" on the add. If they ask a price - tell them what you want. If they then want to argue, send them on their way. They will either leave or pony up.

give it to someone else to sell it for you

I’ve tried advertising at a fixed price before which was my lowest price. Then people come view the boat and start giving offers.... very frustrating. Even mentioned that the price is fixed and not negotiable twice in the details. People just seem happy to waste their own and other people’s time trying for a bargain

Thanks guys my mum is pushing for a sale because we have been given the all clear to move house and my mum is worried because i have so much shit and no where for it to go

Steve if your referring to consigent i will never use that again i put a boat on consignmemt with a car yard many years ago and they put more than double the price on it and still had it weeks later i went to get it back and had to pay a fee to get it back lucky i did as they folded shortly after

Anything on consingment gets takin if a business goes bust and u lose it from what i was told

Gee im trying to sell a boat this is what im copping

Im usually nice at replying and speak 'easy' but becoming a b8t blunt with all these people wasting my time than comes along JakeAttachment 120622Attachment 120623Attachment 120624

That's pretty effed-up.

A boat is not an essential life item. Either you can afford one or you can't. You can't expect sometime else to carry the cost of an 'optional' item for your leisure activities.

I usually have in my ads for anything:
    No trade
    No IOUs
    No swapsies
    No "holds" without deposit
    No delivery
    Must inspect in person
    Cash only. On pick up.

Get alot less time wasters.