Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Little boat up for sale, What do u think its worth?

Re: Little boat up for sale, What do u think its worth?

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Video was taking 5:30-6am this morning its a new camera i vought a month or so ago..

It was out on Chipping Norton Lake the upper reaches of Georges River leads 20kms down stream to Botany Bay

Will give her a wash just hard with water restrictions i need to gurni the mould off but not allowed to use a gurni

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app
    Take it down to the car wash

Shakey - If only I lived near the coast

Yeah shes still hooked up to the xtrail i have 3 seperate guys coming today to look at the boat

Actually got sick of time wasters when i tried to sell the boat last time i would always give the first person to contact me the choice to buy and tell everyone else to call back after old mate has checked the boat out

This time i just lined up whoever wants to look at it 3 hours apart i feel bad doing business this way but there are a lot of buyers that have no shame and will come out see the boat and low ball your price by half and run the boat down to get it cheaper

Its a first doing business like this for me

I don't understand your problem Gaz. What you're doing is legally and ethically correct so there's no need to feel bad about it mate. You have a boat, and someone wants to buy it. All you have to do is accept what you think will be the highest offer. Don't take it onto the water until you have a firm offer, otherwise you might go to a lot of trouble only to have old mate offer you $500. Maybe sold subject to trial, and make that clear when they ring up to organise a viewing.

Give it a good tidy up and not like it is in the video

If people wanted the boat subject to a water test I made them send me a deposit of a few hundred bucks that would be forfeited if they didn’t show or didn’t take it

Just to get the big boats to botany would be around that in fuel and tolls

Anyone serious did it

Little boat up for sale, What do u think its worth?

The next bloke coming at 9 said he pretty much wants it and hasnt made any attemps at low balling so will see

Not sure where msg 34 just went, old mate just came out said he had no idea on boats and needed to go research he said he has 2 other boats to look at i said i had 2 other people coming to look at the boat

He was surpized i had 2.7k on it he asked for bottom price i said make an offer he shyed away and just left

He did say it needs 2 seats.... what he didnt realise i would have let him off that cost of 3-4 sets of seats.... u dont ask...

trouble is alot of people want something for nothing these days, asking for bottom price over the phone etc etc.. gives ya the woolies.......

Boat would have been much more level with a fat chick passenger.

I've still got a windscreen from my Victory because I pulled the add after a few weeks of ignoring low ball offers and answering stupid questions. Selling stuff these days is just hard work. Glad I got out of retail. I'd have punched someone by now I suspect

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    I've still got a windscreen from my Victory because I pulled the add after a few weeks of ignoring low ball offers and answering stupid questions. Selling stuff these days is just hard work. Glad I got out of retail. I'd have punched someone by now I suspect
    Spent a lifetime working for importers and wholesalers and always swore i would never work for one of my customers because that would mean dealing with the public at a retail level. Screw that.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Old mate at 9am sent a msg saying 10:45am than 1:30pm and never showed up, someone else called and got my addreess but i fell a sleep after pulling a all nighter not sure if yhey came out or not but no further contact was made i assume they came out and didnt like it

Ausfish Silver Member Ducksnutz's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Old mate at 9am sent a msg saying 10:45am than 1:30pm and never showed up, someone else called and got my addreess but i fell a sleep after pulling a all nighter not sure if yhey came out or not but no further contact was made i assume they came out and didnt like it

Gazza, unfortunately shit bags will do this. I tried to sell high end lures and got so many dickheads that I gave up.
    i now make sure whatever I purchase I’m keeping for life. It’s a shit that a persons word means nothing anymore.
    Good luck mate.

So many people have contacted me probably over 15 some are mentioning the 2008 time stamp in the video

A lot of shit kickers tho no one serious about buying the boat

I have that one bloke yhat said 9am than 10:45 than 1:30 than said could make it now saying his coming tomorrow

I have one other guy coming tomorrow as well

I just checked i've had 2 inquries from gumtree and 18 inquries from facebook

1 bloke has shown up.

Going to give her a wash at the car wash than if no one buys it i'll take her out off the heads at port hacking and get some video with the right time stamp

Took her for a wash tonight at about 10pm the self serve car wash at cabramatta was packed 2-3 cars lining up for each bay and there were 6 bays and it was 10pm at night!!!

Only washed the boat used the brush to give her a scrub than pressure washed it off fair bit of crap came off her lots of dirt under the side trim, 90% of the mould washed off the left over 10% stained the gelcoat

Gave everything a scrub the engine to she came up really clean but i do have some staining down the side where the tree in my frint yard is dropping leaves and stick than it compost under yhe side trim than it rains and washes the stain.marks down the side

Couldnt jump in the boat the hull is too deep im a short guy and need my ladder so just used the high pressure setting to wash the inside