Thread: Shop around..................

Shop around..................

I'm just going to leave it right here::::----> photos say it all
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Re: Shop around..................

Since when does BCF ever offer the best price around?
    Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by tunaticer View Post
    Since when does BCF ever offer the best price around?
    Maybe not the best but they price match...
    https://www.bcf.com.au/customer-serv...guarantee.html
    Kids who Hunt and Fish, Don't Deal and Steal.

Pretty poor form to offer to undercut someone else.
    I would rather them to offer the best price they can if genuine.
    Jack.

Yep agree, never was much of a fan of this price matching business, especially for trade type of work, I recently needed to get some work done, and called a few local tradies to come around and have a look, out of the three I called two came out, looked, measured, advised, talked to me about options and gave me pretty similar quotes, out of curiosity I called the last guy back, he asked if I had a quote, and if I had it written down, I replied yes, I did, he just asked what the price was and said he will knock $500 off, and a bit more off if I paid cash, never gave him the job! same applies here (in my opinion) you go shopping, a shop spends a bit of time, maybe demonstrating, explaining features, gives you a price, you "think about it" go to another shop and ask for their best price on XX and say you have a price from another shop, they spend no time and just cut the price a bit, you're there, so, you probably will buy right there, right or wrong? This example is a little bit different, because it's simply an internet advertised price, but to me, in that case, best price gets it, or a local shop if price is close.

Ausfish Silver Member Ducksnutz's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I can’t even remember the last time I went into that camping, fishing, boating store.
    Even though it’s closer to me I spend an extra 10 minutes drive to Tackle world Lawnton because of the genuine expertise and the lads are great to talk to about anything and everything about fishing.
    I also buy online from places such as Fishead on the Gold Coast & Tackle HQ in WA. I like how they support local lure makers. I’m not generally after the best price, but customer service is as, if not more important to me.
    A recent example was I’d bought a couple of high end Shell Shaping lures from Duncan at Fishead and he sent not only the lures delivered the next day, but threw in a FCL Labo Stick bait for free!

What is this “free collect at store” and “free click and collect” crap that is being advertised by retailers???

I shop at the Big Camping Fellas, but now only when they send me a $10 gift voucher after doing their surveys. Sing their praises and get another voucher some time down the track. Round and round it goes. Go figure.
    Usually buy something overpriced at $9.99 (if they have what I want)

Ooh. They gave me one for my birthday recently too.

No complaints here. Lol

Cheers
    Gurn

Quote Originally Posted by Getout View Post
    What is this “free collect at store” and “free click and collect” crap that is being advertised by retailers???
    They sebd it to a supermarket near you, used to be Big W but now heaps others are finding it is worth their while. You generally nominate the store closest to you, then when its ready you go and collect it.

Whitworths fan myself...love the shop, can spend hours there.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGurn View Post
    I shop at the Big Camping Fellas, but now only when they send me a $10 gift voucher after doing their surveys. Sing their praises and get another voucher some time down the track. Round and round it goes. Go figure.
    Usually buy something overpriced at $9.99 (if they have what I want)

Ooh. They gave me one for my birthday recently too.

No complaints here. Lol

Cheers
    Gurn
    Give you a tip, don't need to do their surveys or sing any praises for the vouchers. I've never done either and regularly get them, 20's at times.

Sent from my CPH1715 using Ausfish mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Sheik View Post
    Whitworths fan myself...love the shop, can spend hours there.
    The Sunshine coast whitworths being run by dads army is painful! I Only go there if RTM don’t have what I need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mercury 115ct going strong😁

I think Mr Boats is good old Garry the Parsun importer lol he is on this board he sells on ebay under Mr Boats too

He is all over the internet cutting everyones prices

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

Im one for shopping at BCF love there tackle they have a range of cheap crap, affordable stuff and than the dear stuff, usually all the crap flogged on ebay in bulk is rubbish like hooks etc..

Last year i bought a anchor kit strangely from a hardware shop it showed up the anchor was huge the chain was about 90cm and rope was ok

I went to bcf bought the same size anchor kit the anchor was a nice size, chain was like 2.2m or 2.5m something like that and the rope was comparable to the ebay one

The one from ebay was about $50 the one from bcf was about $79 bcf anchor was pverall better but more of a even put together anchor kit

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app