Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The mentality of our fisho's in this era, Im lost..

Re: The mentality of our fisho's in this era, Im lost..

put a hook in it and see if get a bite what do you reckon

Quote Originally Posted by beerboy View Post
    put a hook in it and see if get a bite what do you reckon
    Put it in a crab pot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geeez.
    I don’t check in here much but stumbled across this today while searching for something else.
    In a nutshell - a bloke posted on the possibly unfortunate demise of a possum and the crass public commentary around it. Then the thread is inexplicably and negatively diverted towards indigenous people.

Theres no good reason for having done this. This sort of stuff often has a degree of selective logic and reason about it, but it’s still obviously racially motivated and still hurtful to those at the receiving end. It should be identified, so thanks to those that chose not to let it slip by.

Thanks for confirming what I saw too Kev.
    Opinions on these topics are always a "keenly contested discussion" should we say and it had no place on the original posters thread.

But yes, this topic was diverted, it was done so very calculatively and indeed divisively, with only one intent.
    The intent, was what I could not tolerate.....

Col

ive fished the hawksbury hacking etc after floods and all kids of animals float down
    cows roos cats birds galore if it dies it will float
    I dont pick them up bury them and say a prayer, if your game poke a hole in them and make em sink
    just use a very long pole

The mentality of our fisho's in this era, Im lost..

I grew up around Brighton and Ramsgate. Spent a lot of time on the water and seen lots of floating animals. Many years ago on Port Hacking we came across a deer floating. Obviously out of the National Park.

GAZZA it happens and when it does, don’t always look on the dark side and believe that someone has caused the problem. Taking these views will eventually cause you ill-health.

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish forums

With the last day of the year upon us it time for me to reflect as I sit here and look out the window and see the botanical wonderland that has been created on our property over the last 20 years…particularly awesome are some of the 40m high forest giants that me and the missus and kids initially planted to stop creekbank erosion…but many other areas of our jungle are equally impressive..

Whats probably been most gratifying is the amount of wildlife that has also moved in to our 15 acre block…(except wildpigs and the pesky scrub turkeys)..close behind is the contact with regular customers that have created their own pieces of paradise with some of the hundreds of thousands of trees and plants we have personally propagated and sent to many areas from the Torres straights in the north to Melbourne in the south and across to the gulf and Darwin in the west..

It has also been heart-warming to share this journey with more than a couple of hundred teenagers and young adults that we have hosted in our home for periods of up to 4 months through various hosting and homestay programs ..people from all over the world including indigenous folk from North , Central and South America ,the Caribbean and Africa, people from many asian and European countrys…as well as many different religions..

Living in a remote small town it was important for us to expose our kids to many different views and cultures of the world as we could…the missus and I travelled the world widely when younger but our kids have not and grew up in a small provincially minded town…. Having people living with us from many different backgrounds and countries we have learnt a lot about the world and different cultures and been able to share our knowledge of all things plants,fishing ,sustainability and creating a environment that a family can subsist off in harmony with nature and the critters..

Unfortunately with the increase in forums and social media we have seen a big rise in the Keyboard Warrior ,that in conjunction with others of their ilk, can now find a haven to sit around having a circle jerk and protesting about all manner of things ..this breed of new attention seeking activists hiding behind a pseudonym essentially do absolutely NOTHING but blow hot air, create division and get off on bullying others for having a different opinion….

Its just a shame these people with their outspoken and often misplaced activism dont put their energy into actually making a difference rather than just blabbing on about it and trying to bring down folk that are actually trying to make a difference…but sadly those with biggest mouths get all the attention and most often contribute the least…

And Gazza ..you are welcome to Pm but please don’t blame me for the deeds of centuries ago..almost evry day ofmy life is involved with making the environment a better place for all.... and don’t let an oxygen thief egg you on to fight “racists and rednecks” when they haven’t done a damn thing for any aboriginal or environmental cause I would bet…

Anyway rather than just talk about it I just have to take a walk in my jungle garden to see how to make a real difference to the environment and create a haven for all the critters….If someone gets offended by my love for the environment and all the critters in it then tough titties…I don’t care what colour you are but I will always believe that as far as helpless animals are concerned there is a big difference between right and wrong…

Sorry for the long winded post and I'm not trying to prove I am any better than anyone else. I am just on a different journey than most because I don't like whats happening to our fragile planet....I don't see myself as a racist and I really dislike being slandered by a keyboard warrior..I do acknowledge that I do piss some people off with my straight talk and lack of PC nous....but for that i don't apologise.

Anyway happy new year to all….and hopefully we can learn thats its Ok for people to have different opinions and still work together for a better planet..

This is a little barra and native fish pond this “racist and reckneck” created in one corner of our previously degraded and overcleared ex cane farm with some greatly appreciated physical input from an excavator and a few strong guys both black and white...its always gives me a sense of peace and fulfilment to sit here away from the worries of the world..

pond.jpg

happy new year

Col

Nice spot Disorderly
    Mission Beach born & bred, reminds me of home

Sent from my CPH1715 using Ausfish mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    With the last day of the year upon us it time for me to reflect as I sit here and look out the window and see the botanical wonderland that has been created on our property over the last 20 years…particularly awesome are some of the 40m high forest giants that me and the missus and kids initially planted to stop creekbank erosion…but many other areas of our jungle are equally impressive..

Whats probably been most gratifying is the amount of wildlife that has also moved in to our 15 acre block…(except wildpigs and the pesky scrub turkeys)..close behind is the contact with regular customers that have created their own pieces of paradise with some of the hundreds of thousands of trees and plants we have personally propagated and sent to many areas from the Torres straights in the north to Melbourne in the south and across to the gulf and Darwin in the west..

It has also been heart-warming to share this journey with more than a couple of hundred teenagers and young adults that we have hosted in our home for periods of up to 4 months through various hosting and homestay programs ..people from all over the world including indigenous folk from North , Central and South America ,the Caribbean and Africa, people from many asian and European countrys…as well as many different religions..

Living in a remote small town it was important for us to expose our kids to many different views and cultures of the world as we could…the missus and I travelled the world widely when younger but our kids have not and grew up in a small provincially minded town…. Having people living with us from many different backgrounds and countries we have learnt a lot about the world and different cultures and been able to share our knowledge of all things plants,fishing ,sustainability and creating a environment that a family can subsist off in harmony with nature and the critters..

Unfortunately with the increase in forums and social media we have seen a big rise in the Keyboard Warrior ,that in conjunction with others of their ilk, can now find a haven to sit around having a circle jerk and protesting about all manner of things ..this breed of new attention seeking activists hiding behind a pseudonym essentially do absolutely NOTHING but blow hot air, create division and get off on bullying others for having a different opinion….

Its just a shame these people with their outspoken and often misplaced activism dont put their energy into actually making a difference rather than just blabbing on about it and trying to bring down folk that are actually trying to make a difference…but sadly those with biggest mouths get all the attention and most often contribute the least…

And Gazza ..you are welcome to Pm but please don’t blame me for the deeds of centuries ago..almost evry day ofmy life is involved with making the environment a better place for all.... and don’t let an oxygen thief egg you on to fight “racists and rednecks” when they haven’t done a damn thing for any aboriginal or environmental cause I would bet…

Anyway rather than just talk about it I just have to take a walk in my jungle garden to see how to make a real difference to the environment and create a haven for all the critters….If someone gets offended by my love for the environment and all the critters in it then tough titties…I don’t care what colour you are but I will always believe that as far as helpless animals are concerned there is a big difference between right and wrong…

Sorry for the long winded post and I'm not trying to prove I am any better than anyone else. I am just on a different journey than most because I don't like whats happening to our fragile planet....I don't see myself as a racist and I really dislike being slandered by a keyboard warrior..I do acknowledge that I do piss some people off with my straight talk and lack of PC nous....but for that i don't apologise.

Anyway happy new year to all….and hopefully we can learn thats its Ok for people to have different opinions and still work together for a better planet..

This is a little barra and native fish pond this “racist and reckneck” created in one corner of our previously degraded and overcleared cane farm with some greatly appreciated physical input from an excavator and a few strong guys both black and white...its always gives me a sense of peace and fulfilment to sit here away from the worries of the world..

pond.jpg
    Here here ,great post disorderly and what a beautiful yard and life you have . Enjoy
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Quote Originally Posted by Dezzer View Post
    Nice spot Disorderly
    Mission Beach born & bred, reminds me of home

Sent from my CPH1715 using Ausfish mobile app
    Yeah best place I have lived mate...if only we could dial back the SE tradewinds in the winter I would be in heaven...

And Bluefin its really beautiful around here but we also get a really wild wet season, cyclones and bugs the size of sparrows..lol….its not for everyone but being a plant and nature guy I am in my element...love it...and on a good day I can be sitting at our campsite at my favourite place on the planet at Macushla on Hinchinbrook island in an hour..

Quote Originally Posted by shakey55 View Post
    I grew up around Brighton and Ramsgate. Spent a lot of time on the water and seen lots of floating animals. Many years ago on Port Hacking we came across a deer floating. Obviously out of the National Park.

GAZZA it happens and when it does, don’t always look on the dark side and believe that someone has caused the problem. Taking these views will eventually cause you ill-health.

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish forums
    Bloody hell mate
    Grew up at 34 Park Road, Ramsgate.
    Many,many happy memories of Sunday’s spent out on the water with the family.
    Shawn

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn 66 View Post
    Bloody hell mate
    Grew up at 34 Park Road, Ramsgate.
    Many,many happy memories of Sunday’s spent out on the water with the family.
    Shawn
    Yes Shawn a great place to live in those days. A two iconic pubs (Millers Brighton & Mick Moylan at Sans Souci).

Still get down that way from time to time at George’s River Sailing Club

Shakey - If only I lived near the coast

I actually seen a post yesterday or the day before of a guy saving a drowning koala i have no idea how a koala would end up in the water as much as a possum but i guess it does happen i have just never seen or heard of it before

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    I actually seen a post yesterday or the day before of a guy saving a drowning koala i have no idea how a koala would end up in the water as much as a possum but i guess it does happen i have just never seen or heard of it before

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app
    Definitely climate change

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk