Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The mentality of our fisho's in this era, Im lost..

Re: The mentality of our fisho's in this era, Im lost..

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealPoMo View Post
    There's plenty of references to the impact of original human settlement of this continent Blacklab, both on internet and in the library.
    One could also apply logic:
    There were megafauna here.
    The first humans arrived.
    ....and there were no megafauna by the time the second humans arrived

So what happened?
    Were they abducted by aliens?
    Spontaneous combustion?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Yep, if you read it on the internet, yep, it's gotta be true....
    And, we can all take your word on this as fact ??
    So, you were around to see it before, and can confirm it was gone when white man came ??

Again, provide the proof, I wasn't born then.

think you may need a bit more documented proof than that.......
    Just sayin.
    But, in all seriousness, if your talking about megafloura ? it became extinct in Australia as the contenants separated from Antartica, some 46 000 years ago, due to the climate of Australia increasing forfold, as it drifted north. The aboriginals, did burn off large areas, you are correct, but megaflora mainly vanished due to rising temperatures all over Asia, blaming the aboriginals, is slightly stretched. I recon what chance it had of a come back, was squashed when we tested nuclear bombs in the outback, but that's a topic for somewhere .
    else.......This is where a little bit of information, can be twisted to mean something else, if you do as you suggested to me, simply google up the extinction of megaflaura, and its all there in black and white,,, note I did not write it LOL
    But you are correct, they contributed.
    What makes me irrate, is blokes single out these issues, but neglect to tell the whole story, instead choosing to go after the aboriginals, when, ( fact) more Australian natives were rendered extinct by European introduced animals than any other factor, again FACT.
    It's about having a balanced view and not just chuck it all on the indigenous blaming the indigenous, kinda righteous if you ask me.

As I said numerous times, this is a fishing forum,,,
    Lets move on....

Col

As you like it Col. I'm not blaming first nations peoples for anything other than being human. We are all in it together.

I hear Ya RPM,
    It's a nervy topic, I know LOL I just like a balanced view and Yes, we are all in it together.......

cheers
    Col

Back on the possum...

Maybe it washed down a drain after dying in an urban area.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Roadkill some kids threw in the creek?

Unlikely that people grabbed it and drowned it. I've rescued a few around home and always glad for the welding gloves. Razor sharp claws.

Yep. I'm forever telling the wife when we find something dead on our property that critters and birds don't live forever. Some only for a very short time. Illness, parasites, predation etc. It's a tough life for them. Not the happy cavorting funsters some would have you believe.
    Eat, reproduce and try to survive. Just like fish.
    We bury or bin any we find but some other people might simply chuck them in the river.
    The sad attempt at 'one upmanship' humour on facebook is probably just that. A sad attempt at humour with no real thought, intent or emotion, and most probably by youngsters with little life/death experience and an underdeveloped sense of appreciation.
    Like others, another reason why I'm not on facebook.

Cheers
    Gurn

Ausfish Silver Member Ducksnutz's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheGurn View Post
    Yep. I'm forever telling the wife when we find something dead on our property that critters and birds don't live forever. Some only for a very short time. Illness, parasites, predation etc. It's a tough life for them. Not the happy cavorting funsters some would have you believe.
    Eat, reproduce and try to survive. Just like fish.
    We bury or bin any we find but some other people might simply chuck them in the river.
    The sad attempt at 'one upmanship' humour on facebook is probably just that. A sad attempt at humour with no real thought, intent or emotion, and most probably by youngsters with little life/death experience and an underdeveloped sense of appreciation.
    Like others, another reason why I'm not on facebook.

Cheers
    Gurn
    Personally,
    this is Ausfish post of the year. I don’t know you Gurn, but you’re morals, values and and empathy is a credit to you.
    Merry Xmas to you and your family and thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ducksnutz View Post
    Personally,
    this is Ausfish post of the year. I don’t know you Gurn, but you’re morals, values and and empathy is a credit to you.
    Merry Xmas to you and your family and thanks for sharing.

Can't argue with that Ducks, well said....
    Merry Xmas to all,,,,

Col

Thanks guys. I'm blushing. Ha. Just sayin it as I prefer to see it.

Merry xmas
    Gurn

Quote Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
    I just had to make one more comment,

Realpomo, BULLSHIT.
    Established fact by who ?? your grand father told you ? Put the facts up here for all to see.....

I guess, in hindsight, the aboriginal industry, coal plants, factories, there land clearance for building there massive cities, there modes of transport, mining, farming, poisen sprays, nuclear testing etc,,,, Yep, we can I suppose dump our shit on them, they probably did leave this country in a terrible state for white man that came, We've been trying to repair there mistakes ever since.
    Your right, they should be offered no assistance, in fact they should be put on a reserve somewhere, Hell, after all, if we are to believe your fictitional and totally unsubstantiated statement, They've fair stuffed this country..
    The old song, how do we sleep, when our beds are burning !!!

God, I sound like a greenie LOL
    Quite the opposite actually, my only pet hate is racists, in any form......

hooroo.

col
    Blacklab, It was pretty common, that when people populated previously unpopulated country, some of the animals were driven to extinction.

Mammoth, Moa (NZ), Dodo (Mauritius) are a few examples that come to mind.

The aboriginals will have been responsible for the extinction of at least some of the mega fauna. And rightly so, some of the megafauna were carnivores, life would be a lot safer without them around.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremic View Post
    Blacklab, It was pretty common, that when people populated previously unpopulated country, some of the animals were driven to extinction.

Mammoth, Moa (NZ), Dodo (Mauritius) are a few examples that come to mind.

The aboriginals will have been responsible for the extinction of at least some of the mega fauna. And rightly so, some of the megafauna were carnivores, life would be a lot safer without them around.
    Agreed, and all balanced points that can't be argued against Bremic.
    And was my exact point, you must tell the whole story, of all generations not single out one definitive group as responsible....

The Moa, was a staple food for the Maori and before them from when they migrated to NZ, as there population expanded, The Moa Declined, a sad fact unfortunately... a sad fact in history that repeated it self all over the world....

Col

I just had to make one more comment,

Realpomo, BULLSHIT.
    Established fact by who ?? your grand father told you ? Put the facts up here for all to see.....

I guess, in hindsight, the aboriginal industry, coal plants, factories, there land clearance for building there massive cities, there modes of transport, mining, farming, poisen sprays, nuclear testing etc,,,, Yep, we can I suppose dump our shit on them, they probably did leave this country in a terrible state for white man that came, We've been trying to repair there mistakes ever since.
    Your right, they should be offered no assistance, in fact they should be put on a reserve somewhere, Hell, after all, if we are to believe your fictitional and totally unsubstantiated statement, They've fair stuffed this country..
    The old song, how do we sleep, when our beds are burning !!!

God, I sound like a greenie LOL
    Quite the opposite actually, my only pet hate is racists, in any form......

hooroo.

col
    What an absolute load of drivel...sounds just like a typical privileged white guy overcompensating for their own insecurities of the baggage many think we should carry for the sins of the past...…

Keeping it real..?...I don't think so...about as real as casting aspersions on the "mentality" of fisho's based on a dead possum in a drain...

We need to accept the past, move on and embrace the challenges of the future...however difficult and uncomfortable they are to talk about or whom they may offend...

We need to work together and not create divisions in society...

We owe it to our race and our planet to get rid of all this PC BS and have the hard conversations to make meaningful change....

and merry Xmas to all....regardless of where you are from....

Disorderly you may be trying to make christmas miserable for other people by offending aboriginals and my self by being racist in this thread but water off a ducks back mate i am thicked skinned enjoy your day...

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

Didn't realise those on the ignore list, could be seen, just realised it only works when your logged in.

Gazza, Once a F""k wit always a F""k wit, ignore the prick, he only crashed your thread to stir the shite and wind you up, and get reactions.
    To think blokes with attitudes like his, and chips on his shoulder, don't have to be licenced to breed !!!
    Dissentery, or dissorderly, or what ever you go by,, drop the bone, move on, pricks like you are why people don't bother to join or post now.
    Spruke ya bias somewhere else.....

To all else, I hope the big red nose fella came thru with those Xmas Goodies you wanted......

Col
    At least have the balls not to edit out what you really feel Brownnoselab…..I guess that anyone that has a differing opinion to yours is a F@ckwit right...only your opinion matters because you such a great and wise man...

and as its a festive time you can call me names if it makes your self worth increase and you feel better about yourself...its my Xmas gift to you...