Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: electrickery help needed

Re: electrickery help needed

deleted post

deleted content

Best practice - install the cables in such a manner that they won't get damaged. That really is about it. The more supports the better so they aren't being subjected to movement. Chafe protection as required. Separate conduits aren't really required but if you want to there's no reason not to. Can't say I have ever seen it in any installation up under the gunwale.

deleted content

When ever I do it that sort of thing, I try to run electrical cables separate to hydraulic and fuel lines. My reasoning is that if there is a dead short for whatever reason and the wire starts to melt, not only may it burn the wire up but also may burn through the hydraulic lines and also the fuel lines, so not only will you have no power to whatever it was connected to, you may also loose your hydraulic steering and if the fuel lines get burnt through also, well you may as well start getting ready for a swim.

Deleted content

How big and what shape is the block Col? There is a myriad of fittings available. Any particular style in mind?

Good move, as for the light, have a look at the LED strip lights and LED cabin lights, on my last boat I ran a strip on either side of the cabin and also in the back area, looked quite smick, wired them all independently so I could lower the light level if I wanted to and save on battery power if required.

deleted content

Quote Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
    Scott, its rectangular, about 200mmx100mm. ( from memory), it's even got the centre hollowed out for the wires, with a hole for wire entry.
    I just haven't seen anything I like or that will work yet, alot of circular ones, I'm sure something will suit..

Ed, I'm going to put LED's thru, mainly under the gunnel in the deck area, Geez, forgot about that job .
    Most of the cabin lights now are LED these days, from what I've seen,, The old one, was the old bulb type, it actually worked ok, but it seriously is an automotive light, in every way, I'm sure it was the same as my 73 premier....
    I'd actually go with LED strips in the cabin, but this block of wood is a permanent fixture now, everything's been spec flowcoated, thought about removing it before hand, but whoever fibregalssed it, didn't ever intend for it to be removed, kind like the cabin light set up though !.

Col
    Col

Have a look at this light. Scroll down the page of the link and look for the light with product number NAR87541 (see pic).

The light is 178mm x 33mm x 12mm (I bought one recently but have not wired it in).

Depending how much light it gives, you could even consider two, sis by side that would still fit on your block

https://www.12volt.com.au/redirect.h...ledlights.html

IMG_0128.jpg

Shakey - If only I lived near the coast

deleted content

Hi Col it is a interior light out of a car when set on door will com on when you open the door of the car
    chers COL

Take a look at the marine wholesalers websites for starters - Sam Allen Wholesale, Bob Littler Agencies, Marine Warehouse, RW Bashams are the 4 main ones I know of. Also Hella Marine and Narva. Then of course there's good old Ebay.

content deleted

deleted content