Re: electrickery help needed

deleted post

delated post

Haha

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

By convention you would use the negative terminal number that corresponds with the protective device number.
    Having said that there is still no need when it comes down to hands on fault finding.

Either way if it makes you happy to label then go for it.

Those laminated labels are a lot tougher than they look, I had one label on a drinking mug that got washed up every day in hot soapy water for 20 Years.

deleted content

Col, all is not lost, you can still drill a hole just above the base and feed the cable in through there. As mine is a folding one due to get it under the carport. The cable comes out of the gunwhale through a clam shell fitting and feeds into the canopy/rocket launcher.

deleted content

Double up in post - deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
    Hi Sam, Hmm, food for thought there. I don't have any photo's, apart from this one pre rebuild, it gives you an idea of the rocket launcher. From memory I just had the wires, in a flexible conduit, coming around the gunwale and tied all the way up the outside of the rocket launcher, I hated it.
    I like the idea of a clam shell type set up thru the gunwale. Wasn't sure if I drilled into one of the bars, whether it would weaken it, it's not a large diameter s/s bar, It would need to take 4 wires. Geez, that would be a bugga to try and feed up and along the tubing to the centre where both the LCD light and anchor light would be. I'll have to have a ponder next time I'm at the factory now,, it would be definitely be better if I could.

Col
    Col you could service the Anchor Light and LED Cockpit light with a single earth wire. That would make only 3 wires. Is the rocket launcher SS in which case you can get away with an 8 mm hole and run 2 sets of wires through a grommet. BTW I would run 2 smaller floods either side of the bimini rather than a single one in the centre mainly as when you're at the baitboard you will have light from the sides instead of your back yhrowinh it into shadow.

deleted comments

Col,some pics when you can would help heaps. I'd take the cable through the gunwhales above the bar you are going to drill into via a clam shell (that way it is pointing downhill) and drill your hole in the rod in front of the clamshell slightly higher up.

deleted post

deletd post

Col, 25mm is plenty. Is there anyway you can drill through that plate from underneath,

deleted post