Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nizpro yamaha 332hp

Nizpro yamaha 332hp

Howdy all. Just noticed I can't post photos via my phone so I shall show photos in a moment.
    Today we took up the opportunity to upgrade a 2018 225hp yamaha v6 4.2lt with a nizpro reflash. Taking engine ho up to a crazy 332hp. Whilst reducing midrange fuel consumption. Will head back out for another run tommorow after we clean the Hull and see what real wot speed is. Still worth the $999!

Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

Re: Nizpro yamaha 332hp

To say I’m sceptical is an understatement. Have you had the engine independently Dino’d?
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

The "mod" has been around for ages, the claims are pretty well right, longevity is not so great

Sounds good Moose does the insurance say its ok to upgrade the hp rating of the hull?

I wonder how its actually done do manufacturers use a 'soft' stock setting for longevity and forgiving duribility over over rating horse power or does the remap kind of lean out the engine? Im unsure how the remaps work but its technology at its finnest love it

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

all remaps do is lean it out, advance timing and increase rpms
    thats all a remap can do

thats where you start with any race engine
    take an aprilla 125cc motorcycle engines as an example
    40,000km easy in a stock at bike 8-10,000 rpm
    used in a gokart at 14-16,000 you get 10 hours or roughly 100km

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    The "mod" has been around for ages, the claims are pretty well right, longevity is not so great
    Can you elaborate on the longevity factor please Noel...The 225 and 250 yammie are just the detuned version of the 300 so why would basically restoring it to its factory settings or slightly more do much harm...?...

basically I would assume that if the guy doing the remap tunes it up but stays within the set factory parameter limits then it will mean your engine isnt working as hard to acheive cruise speed and therefore economy will also increase...

If the guy is a bit of a cowboy and aggressively tunes above those limits creating a high performance motor then of course longevity will suffer..

Is that a fair assessment or too simplistic...?

JB Mechanical on FB also do ECU remaps on a range of motors and claim 322hp from their remap of the yammi 225hp....

I have also talked to them about remapping my 200hp Honda which is a detuned version of the 250hp...…..I was told they can extract more than an extra 50hp....Could you trust them is my worry..I wouldn't want them to try and go for the max hp they could extract but basically just increase to the 250 factory settings...

I was under the impression remaps were already done on tried and tested dyno settings, now if old mate the tuner is putting your engine on a dyno to tune what if it goes boom :O

My 2c. Engine manufacture is a competitive business. Teams of the best vehicle engineers do their very best with huge budgets and science abd stuff to build an engine to the best of their abilities. Then some bloke who left school at grade 10 to be be a mechanic thinks he can do a better job

My, i reckon a mechanic will use your average aftermarket dealers program which would be pre programmed

When your a dyno tuner its your business on the line.. you really need to know your shit or a engine can blow in seconds costing thousands of dollars hence the above mechanics would use pre program with known settings

The ability for manufacturers to be able to tune or detune a particular size powerhead anywhere up to plus or minus 100hp, as well as tuning them to meet strict emissions limits, suggest to me that there is plenty of room to play with horsepower values and still maintain reliability!

Quote Originally Posted by ericcs View Post
    The ability for manufacturers to be able to tune or detune a particular size powerhead anywhere up to plus or minus 100hp, as well as tuning them to meet strict emissions limits, suggest to me that there is plenty of room to play with horsepower values and still maintain reliability!
    Absolutely ericcs, They have been doing it for years, look at the success of the 140 suzuki, Now, yamaha have done the same thing an introduced a new model, the 130hp, I broke it to a guy that just bolted one on, I said it's the old 1.8 litre 115 engine, mapped differently and tickled up a little, he truly didn't realise. Now I'm not saying it wont be successful, but not to many manufacturers are fronting with absolute new engines, Merc with there 2.1 litre and 3 litre engines are probably the most recent.
    I too was under the impression that the 225 and 250 was a 300 detuned ?,same block, if so, I can't see many issues with mapping it out to 325hp, this is currently done by all the major manufacturers, up and down using the same blocks. it's not that much of an increase from a stock 300 hp. Most major manufacturers would have 2 or 3 blocks only, covering HP from 75 to 150, that's a huge range if you look at it....

Col

That’s why you buy based on block size not sticker Hp

One manufacture may use a 1l block and another a 1.7l block for the same 75hp

Yeah. If u want a bigger outboard, sell the old one and buy a new one with more cubes. No replacement for displacement

Theres a nizpro 450hp yamaha on a 4.5m foam cored hull on youtube hull weighs 255kg hits 110mph that would be scary fast

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Theres a nizpro 450hp yamaha on a 4.5m foam cored hull on youtube hull weighs 255kg hits 110mph that would be scary fast

I think that one is supercharged.