Thread: Is anybody using LED membrane switch panels?

Is anybody using LED membrane switch panels?

Hi

After installing a new sounder I found there is a voltage drop issue from the battery to the switch panel, and or bad connections, The gauge of wire from the battery to the panel is significantly undersized and I will be going to 6mm double sheathed tinned wire. The under dash area is spaghetti and needs a good redo to make any future issues traceable.

Anyway, it is good reason to redo the original 25 year old wiring along with the installation of a new switch panel.

in my search I have been put onto LED membrane switch panels

They seem so simply effective

https://ledadvantage.com.au/collecti...e-switch-panel

Each circuit has its own circuit 10amp circuit breaker.

Is anybody used one or installed one and I would appreciate feed back on them

Stevet

Ausfish Silver Member

Re: Is anybody using LED membrane switch panels?

mine lasted about 12mths and shat itself.went back to normal switchs.
    membrane was a pia tho remove.
    boat stored in shed and power switched off when not in use.

I’m replacing my switches currently with these

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mercury 115ct going strong😁

membrane switching was a bit of a fad about 5 years ago "its...kinda...semi digital switching" though the build quality was never quite there. Sam allen wholesale. who had them branded as relaxn "thugh they were branded many other things from different wholesalers" originall ahd a 6way and a 12way on offer.. and then added the semi rigitd 8 way panel. the 8 way "as seen above" was the better of the 3... though none of them were perticually good.

So enter the new world. mechanical switches are still in vogue with roudn stainless becoming more and more popular. Bell marine makes some nice "expensive considering they use extremely cheap switches" panels. and then there are companies like bocatech and our very own Moose Marine switches. which are built at a considerably higher quality, higher ampage etc.

if you still want to go digital, then there is BLINK, or CZONE, as options

Here is a dash under construciton this weekend here at Moose Marine.

Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

The big issue with membrane switching is that it can fail "en masse" due to internal component failure - it simply adds an extra level of complexity. For normal wiring to do the same it has to be your mains supply that fails - most faults will be individual devices only.

I greatly appreciate the shared experience and that sorts that.

Moose the Bells do 'look nice and that's fir the heads up they are front with little substance.

what's ball park for a 6 and 8 panel switch panels.