Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 6.2m Kevlacat

Re: 6.2m Kevlacat

No I forgot to ask I only asked about the cruise speed, will have to take it out for a quick blast tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mercury 115ct going strong😁

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyfuzz View Post
    Water test is done and everything went perfectly 22knots for a combined fuel usage of 1.5km/L, I’m happy with that, they ended up going with 14x19p enertia props which seem bloody big compared to the old ones! Pods are perfect no spray on the motors and take the extra weight well, so overall very satisfied just need this wind to piss off so I can go be it a big run to the hards

Terry, that's great figures mate. I just wish the wind would go also as I haven't been out for a while myself.

Tomorrow looks alright so might go for a run and chase Pelagiics for the morning

Still waiting for tradies to turn up at my daughter's place, they were supposed to be here Tuesday, then 10am today, now 5pm maybe. By the time they're finished here I'll be pissed off enough to have a few beers when I get home and probably sleep in in the morning.

Went for a run yesterday to burn off the run in hours and it is bloody fast, too fast at WOT in my opinion, according to the vessel view I hit 6200 rpm at 78.5km/hr, cruise speed of 41km/hr at 3800 rpm was averaging 30L/hr, The recommended rpm range for these motors is 5000-6000rpm and now thinking I should sacrifice a bit of top end and hole shot which is ridiculous at the moment and try a 21p prop to get a bit better fuel economy and to decrease the WOT Rpm down below the recommended, the torque when putting the boat back on the trailer nearly caused me to end up in the back of the Ute, was very unexpected but gave the pontoon a good clean

Hahaha. I can just see old mate with his whiting rod getting washed off his chair....

a bit cheaper then the old motors to run terry
    snap

Yeah mate a bit more than half!

are those readings for one motor or two

Combined

Terry, run that setup for a couple of trips first before you change anything. Run with all your gear etc in different conditions. Those figures are astounding.

terry what was wot speed with your old motors

Ausfish Platinum Member

Yeah mate a bit more than half!

You need to change your signature line

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    Terry, run that setup for a couple of trips first before you change anything. Run with all your gear etc in different conditions. Those figures are astounding.
    Very good advice here..

My new motor dropped 400 RPM from water test to fitted out and in full fishing trim and an extra passenger or2 onboard ...WOT dropped about 10%....interesting what an extra 5-600 KG does to the figures ...fuel figures increased accordingly also...

Its gunna make life a bit more fun for you now that you can buzz over to your next fishing spot at 40 knots..

Ausfish Platinum Member

Went for a run yesterday to burn off the run in hours and it is bloody fast, too fast at WOT in my opinion, according to the vessel view I hit 6200 rpm at 78.5km/hr, cruise speed of 41km/hr at 3800 rpm was averaging 30L/hr, The recommended rpm range for these motors is 5000-6000rpm and now thinking I should sacrifice a bit of top end and hole shot which is ridiculous at the moment and try a 21p prop to get a bit better fuel economy and to decrease the WOT Rpm down below the recommended, the torque when putting the boat back on the trailer nearly caused me to end up in the back of the Ute, was very unexpected but gave the pontoon a good clean

and people STILL try to claim, as part of a rearguard action justifying their retention of their old 2 strokes, that they have "more torque" than the newer 4 strokes.