Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 33
  1. #16
    Ausfish Gold Member Dirtyfuzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sunshine Coast

    Re: tesla cyber truck

    Had a look through a Tesla model 3 out of curiosity more than anything and I would be waiting till tesla improves quality assurance before dropping any cash on any of their products!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kevlacat 6.2m
    115 v4 evinrudes (going strong)

  2. #17

    Re: tesla cyber truck

    Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    So how many charging stations you rekon they will install at 1770 for a peak traffic weekend or will it be get in line for everyone to take an hours charge.
    None anytime soon!. I donít disagree, as I said electric is not on my horizon. But not that long ago a one way trip to 1770 was not realistic, let alone towing a big boat. You would have to agree, it appears to be getting closer.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #18

  4. #19

    Re: tesla cyber truck

    so 6 tonne towing capacity.....full of shit.
    No possible way that could be legal in Australia, it would not have near enough kerb weight or braking capacity.
    Elon Musk blowing his gob off again.
    Jack.

  5. #20

    Re: tesla cyber truck

    i saw a tesla on the motorway the other day, having the big ipad screen as the cars onboard info system, how does that not configure your using a mobile while driving?

    was just reading a article, basically the automotive industry or parts of it are wanting a tectonic shift towards the electric market, a consequence of this is they are predicting mass job losses .

  6. #21

    Re: tesla cyber truck

    Quote Originally Posted by tunaticer View Post
    so 6 tonne towing capacity.....full of shit.
    No possible way that could be legal in Australia, it would not have near enough kerb weight or braking capacity.
    Elon Musk blowing his gob off again.
    yeah not to sure what the science is with electric/torque figures , they seem higher than a standard fuel comparison, im thinking they will cap it 4.5 ton if and even this cyber truck can pull more weight. its as big as a dodge ram 1500 , but unsure what they can pull.

  7. #22

    Re: tesla cyber truck

    Quote Originally Posted by tunaticer View Post
    so 6 tonne towing capacity.....full of shit.
    No possible way that could be legal in Australia, it would not have near enough kerb weight or braking capacity.
    Elon Musk blowing his gob off again.
    kerb weight has nothing to do with it. In fact as soon as kerb weight goes up the tow capacity goes down in most circumstances.

    The 2020 Dodge Ram 1500 can tow up to 5.8t Braked. Considering this thing has 3 electric motors and more than twice the torque of the dodge it will tow 6t no problem while towing the Dodge backwards.

    How far is the real issue.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

  8. #23

    Re: tesla cyber truck

    Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    kerb weight has nothing to do with it. In fact as soon as kerb weight goes up the tow capacity goes down in most circumstances.

    The 2020 Dodge Ram 1500 can tow up to 5.8t Braked. Considering this thing has 3 electric motors and more than twice the torque of the dodge it will tow 6t no problem while towing the Dodge backwards.

    How far is the real issue.
    Bullshit, kerb weight is required for traction esp under braking.
    The heavier the trailer load the heavier the tow car needs to be otherwise we would all have Hyundai I30's with bigger motor upgrades.
    Jack.

  9. #24

    Re: tesla cyber truck

    Quote Originally Posted by tunaticer View Post
    Bullshit, kerb weight is required for traction esp under braking.
    The heavier the trailer load the heavier the tow car needs to be otherwise we would all have Hyundai I30's with bigger motor upgrades.
    absolutely false.

    so how much extra weight does the prime mover on say a ABB Quad combination need to be over a B double combination?

    if what you are saying is correct then adding weight to the tray of a Ute would help the braking not diminish it?

    think about the trailer weight ratios between say a 200 series cruiser and the towing vehicle mass and the ratios between the prime mover weight and an ABB combination.

    youíll quickly realise it has zero to do with vehicle weight once the ďunbrakedĒ limit is reached. Itís all about ensuring the weight per axle is safe and the number of wheels that have brakes is sufficient for the load.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

  10. #25

    Re: tesla cyber truck

    What's legal and what's possible are frequently at odds.

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

  11. #26

    Re: tesla cyber truck

    And how many people who tow things need to tow 6 tonne to 1770
    Stuff all
    How many current diesel 4x4s will do the same
    Stuff all


    Itís shaped like it is because itís folded from a single sheet of stainless for cost effectiveness
    Same as the flat screens and windows as they are cheaper to make

    All heís doing is generating hype interest which will push other manufacturers to have a go

  12. #27

    Re: tesla cyber truck

    I highly doubt this truck will get into production looking or designed anything like the prototype.

    can you really run around with panels that donít crumple like a modern car? Looks more like heís designed it for the next military contract...... youíd need a whole lot more battery capacity.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

  13. #28

    Re: tesla cyber truck

    Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    I highly doubt this truck will get into production looking or designed anything like the prototype.

    can you really run around with panels that donít crumple like a modern car? Looks more like heís designed it for the next military contract...... youíd need a whole lot more battery capacity.
    yep spot on ancap safety rating will be a issue for sure considering the acceleration on these things are akin to a roller coaster take off.

  14. #29

    Re: tesla cyber truck

    Quote Originally Posted by stevej View Post
    And how many people who tow things need to tow 6 tonne to 1770
    Stuff all
    How many current diesel 4x4s will do the same
    Stuff all


    Itís shaped like it is because itís folded from a single sheet of stainless for cost effectiveness
    Same as the flat screens and windows as they are cheaper to make

    All heís doing is generating hype interest which will push other manufacturers to have a go
    Not if they are clever.

    The windows will need to be cheap by the looks.

    1770 is just an example. There are countless hundreds (probably thousands) of out of the way destinations that are frequented by people with very large trailer boats - the type that require at least a modified Landcruiser or better to tow, in pretty reasonable numbers right around the country. Not to mention the grey nomads. They on average, sell about 1000, 200 series Landcruisers every month - most tow something - plenty spend their entire time with a van on the back. These are also the sort of people that could in reality probably afford a new Tesla (they will not be cheap if they ever get here) and would buy one but only if the thing will do what they need it to and isn't going to cause major inconvenience by way of extended "refuelling" times or simply the lack of places to refuel. Then there is the issue of extended out of the way travel and mechanical support should a break down occur in the middle of nowhere - good luck with that. In a lot of places the RAC reps can't even flatbed a 200 Landcruiser due to weight. These things will be a novelty at best or at worst the next gen Toorak tractor giving rage fuel soccer mums near silent naught to a hundred in 2.8 second capability in the estrogen fuelled demolition derby otherwise known as "school drop off or pick up" - what could go wrong. EV's have their place. Towing things in a country the size of Australia just isn't it with the current tech.

  15. #30

    Re: tesla cyber truck

    Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    I highly doubt this truck will get into production looking or designed anything like the prototype.

    can you really run around with panels that donít crumple like a modern car? Looks more like heís designed it for the next military contract...... youíd need a whole lot more battery capacity.
    Yep spot on ÖÖ. this is just a concept car (with a quaddy)

    I have no doubt he'll build something though Ö.. regardless of how detached from reality his concept is.

    Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Join us