Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stainless crab cooker

Stainless crab cooker

Morning, Does any one know where to get a ss crab cooker pot? All the ones in the shops seems to be aluminium.
    Cheers
    Col

Re: Stainless crab cooker

How big do you want? Not great for open fires but fine on a gas burner.

https://www.kmart.com.au/product/15l...ck-pot/1358303

Matt

Most camping stores have them, what's wrong with Aluminium?

I've used mine (Aluminium) on an open fire ( coals) many times without any dramas

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Hello hop 234.

When you get your pot also get the lid. (Alluminium or S. S.) I always clean my green crabs and steam them in the cooker. Remove the back shell cut in half with a big knife and clean.

The idea is use 15 mm. of water in the bottom of the pot, a cake rack or similar tray to keep the crabs out of the water say 50 mm. above the water and use one good handfull of salt and one good handful of raw sugar.
    Takes a very little time to boil and can do continuous batches without going off the boil. I use a wire cage to put the half crabs into the pot and when cooked lift them straight out,
    drain for a short time and then into cool salty water too cool. Next batch ?????? straight into the cage and into the steamer.
    Takes about 12-15 minutes in the steamer and do all my muddies ??? the same way.

Do redclaw de-viegned tails exactly same way smaller, pot and cage.

Been doing it this way for years and crabbed all the way up the coast.

Have fun Haji-Baba

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    I've used mine (Aluminium) on an open fire ( coals) many times without any dramas

Chris
    Your crazy mate there are some people on youtube using coals and a pot to melt aluminium arnt u worried about poising your self?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Your crazy mate there are some people on youtube using coals and a pot to melt aluminium arnt u worried about poising your self?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app
    Never had an issue ……. I certainly don't put it on a raging fire & it's above the coals ( use a few rocks to sit it on)

As for poisoning myse - - - - - - l --f --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Cut the top of a beer keg. Perfect.

Most Asian grocery shops have big stainless pots, saw one a few months ago that was 45l

i got one of these in a few years ago, its been great

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._ya_os_product
    Tangles KFC

I have one very similar, takes over 30 crabs easy, and with my burner, it boils in no time, just put them in the basket, into the boiling water, when cooked, straight into an esky full of iced salt water, but, you have to get a couple of hot ones to eat straight away.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangles View Post
    i got one of these in a few years ago, its been great

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._ya_os_product
    Herxactly what i need me thinks

IMG_1885.jpgIMG_1886.jpg[

QUOTE=Noelm;1662883]I have one very similar, takes over 30 crabs easy, and with my burner, it boils in no time, just put them in the basket, into the boiling water, when cooked, straight into an esky full of iced salt water, but, you have to get a couple of hot ones to eat straight away.[/QUOTE]

its the only way Noelm, have been using the rambo recently after the companion jet burner rusted to hell...
    Tangles KFC

Yeah, I got a burner myself from someplace in Thailand I think, it sounds like a jumbo jet, but holy hell, does it boil quick!