Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arnolds Boat Shop

Angry Arnolds Boat Shop

I hope I'm the only idiot here who has sent money to Arnold's Boat shop website & never got their product. As I get older I get more impatient, & living in a regional area I get tired of being told by local businesses that "we don't have it but we can order it in for you, should be here in a few weeks". This impatience has led me to online shopping for quite a few items in recent years & generally it works out ok, but it leaves a sour taste in my mouth when I come up against what is obviously a backyard operation with an iphone who advertises other people products, takes your money then doesn't deliver. Yes I know, there's ombudsmen & all those other suits who defend the rights of the innocent multitudes but dealing with them would upset me more than losing my money. Suffice to say that the only thing which makes me feel better is telling everyone who will listen about my experience so they can go into any future transactions forewarned.
    F#*% it, I'm going fishing.

Ausfish Silver Member Ducksnutz's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Arnolds Boat Shop

Feel for you mate. For what it’s worth, I only use PayPal for online purchases as it has buyer protection and I’ve been reimbursed a number of times when things go missing or don’t show up.

Heli i was like that 1 year ago bought a anchor kit from ebay the shop was only 30mins drive away but i chose delievery, i got a bit antcy waiting from memory 2 weeks passed i went to bcf bought a anchor kit from them than a week latrr my other one showed up took 3 weeks unbelieveable 3 weeks when it was 30mins away i donno where ir how orders can go missing like this

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

A lot of these companies "drop ship". They carry zero stock. You order and pay, they order and the gear is sent direct from the manufacturer or supplier where ever they may be. It's a business model that allows much finer margins - hence the bricks and mortar businesses struggle to match the pricing.

Just seen someone recommend this Arnalds Boat Shop on Facebook

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

Doesn't make sense, you don't like places not having stock, but you order online and wait anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    Doesn't make sense, you don't like places not having stock, but you order online and wait anyway.
    That was the point of ordering online, so I didn’t have to wait as long. If they had told me that it wouldn’t arrive for more than 2 weeks then ordering locally would have worked, I guess that’s another portion of their business model - promise quick delivery so you don’t make alternate arrangements.

Ah the beauty of the internet..

You can do up a fancy website or ebay store in a day from your bedroom in the middle of nowhere and purport to be a large scale business whilst holding little actual stock..

Though it certainly has its pitfalls when you are relying on other companies and distributers to process, pack and deliver product that's actually in stock, is consistent with your current listing and in a timely manner to your customers....

There is bound to be plenty of disappointing transactions with this business model......either accept that risk or buy from bricks and mortar...

Thing is we are a high technology country and everything we have become a custom to is expedited even sending something by Australian post from Sydney to Perth is like 3 to 5 days is 2 weeks really acceptable? i understand orders get misplaced, lost and sent to wrong address but 2 weeks is a long time to be waiting, if it is drop shipping from China that is just outright nasty business i really dislike drop shippers especially those on ebay that say the product is within Australia and it takes over 2 weeks to arrive i try to avoid these shop but they are getting really sneaky repackaging the orders in Australia and forwarding them on, i mean if i want to order something from China directly i will have to wait the agreed shipping times which are usually 3 weeks so i very rarely order from China but these drop shippers are taking over massively and they are still asking normal Australian prices

I have brought from them before. In my review I complained that they don't have delivery tracking. This meant I had no clue if the item had been despatched from their warehouse, or on delivery, or when it would arrive. For this I haven't brought from them again as the item took about 3+ weeks to get here. Thought I'd get it in 3 days. Fancy website, shit service.

Heliduck,

Arnold's used to be great about 12 months ago. Had phone number and could talk to people. My last 3 orders where " we don't stock that anymore" "obsolete product" and finally "out of stock, on backorder". All using the ridiculous ticket system. I have now changed online retailers. They use to have the best Raymarine prices in Oz, spend a bit longer looking and you will now find better.

Cheers Adam

Yes there is a very boxy automotive spare parts online store that use the we buy it into stock when you buy it method, And if you are purchasing multiple items that the seller needs to source from a variety of suppliers you will be left waiting til the last item has arrived before your order is eventually shipped.

As for the Ebay sellers Gazza refers to more often than not if you go in to there feedback page and see where they are a registered user that will give you a fair indication they are listing there item as Aust Stock but in actual fact are sending from China. That explains when you live in Sydney and your item takes two weeks from Padstow.

Ebay turn a blind eye to this shit because the sellers guilty of this are the high volume sellers not to mention the Account Managers Ebay have " modifying " negative feedback for major online sellers using there platform.

As a side note this thread prompted me to knock up a order with Rock Auto in the US for some gear and bugger me you can no longer have a purchase shipped directly from them to here with the new tax arrangements. So if like me you didn't appreciate being touched up on items here in Aust such as NGK and other service items you will now have to get the items from Rock sent to another party in the US to forward to you or find another source who is collecting the GST component ie an Ebay vendor in the US.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Sydney to Perth is normally 2 weeks for all goods. When I buy from the US it usually arrives a week sooner unless it arrives on the east coast first

I've always had great service from a variety of Australian based businesses which have a bricks & mortar shop as well as the online store, I'll stick with these retailers in future.

Did u check out the contact us page? shows walk in's strictly by appointment quiet strange for a local Australian business to not have a shop front