Thread: Modern outboards are safe dependable and reliable!

Modern outboards are safe dependable and reliable!

Found this interesting video from the archives

Re: Modern outboards are safe dependable and reliable!

Crazy bastards see how they refuel thats nuts and the guy changing the head light!!!!

A bit miss informed tho the reporter says 75hp than mentions 60hp also mentions 6 cylinders than 4 cylinders

How light weight were those engines 2 blokes just plucking the 6 cylinder off the boat like no worries... these days mechanics use cherry.pickers and forklifts lol

Must have been some really good engineering for its time, a 90's model yamaha 3 cylinder oil injected will break your back 2 blokes lifting it....

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

This is why I loved my merc , great motors that withstand the test of time . That’s why I laughed at someone who when they came and bought my bluefin with 980 hrs and he said his mate said it was almost stuffed at 1000 hrs ,it still had 125 psi in all 3 cylinders and always started no problems . The bloke that bought it said he had added 150 hrs since he bought it and still faultless , I know I of one that did 3000 hrs and was still running when he traded up to a 4 stroke . Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

I had to laugh when they mentioned hitting an alligator at speed.
    Swapping drivers at night as well as refueling crazy. They also mention 7ft chop??

20:1 ratio too woah must have blown some smoke at start up