Thread: Lowrance Elite 12 ti2

Lowrance Elite 12 ti2

Looking at upgrading my sounder,possibly to either a Elite ti2 or live.I normally fish estuaries or impoundments and I would like to here from those with either setups and weigh up if the Live is worth the extra money or the Elite would suffice.

Re: Lowrance Elite 12 ti2

The Live has greater power output and is networkable via ethernet which means it can interface with things like radar and can share maps etc between units. It has dual channel sonar which means it can run 2 transducers simultaneously.

It can also run the new Livesight transducer which is the latest live action 3D stuff (google it and be blown away!) This would be top class stuff for the fishing you do, but the Livesight transducer itself costs $1500 so whether its worth the extra or not is something to consider ...... only you will know the answer to that.

Elite ti2 cant do that stuff.

But as a standalone combo unit Elite Ti2 is still very good and with the new active imaging transducer will give you excellent down and sidescan, and decent traditional sonar.

For the money, and assuming that you dont intend to network with radar or share charts with a second display, and dont want the option of Livesight, there is no reason why the Elite Ti wouldnt be a great choice for you.
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....