Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ads messing with the function of the website

Ads messing with the function of the website

Hello Mods,

These google ads are getting intrusive and problematic.

1. When on an iPad if I try to zoom in on a photo to get a better resolution instead of the ad staying on the Side of the screen and me zooming in on what I want, the ad picks itself up an covers the centre of the screen so it looks like I have tried to zoom in on the ad. Very painful and annoying.

2. I was trying to have a private chat with Moose today about some electronic stuff and when I try to reply, there is a google ad sitting right over the reply box. I tried to close the ad box, the ad went away but the box remained. Please see below what I am talking about.

Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at 11.25.03 am.jpg
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Re: Ads messing with the function of the website

Have you tried turning it off and on again?😁

I've got the same issue on a samsung tablet and had to go advanced to reply.

Happens frequently on phone or tablet, one reason I don't post much unless I'm on the laptop.

Thanks for letting me know. Ill have a look into it and see what can be done

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    Hello Mods,

These google ads are getting intrusive and problematic.

1. When on an iPad if I try to zoom in on a photo to get a better resolution instead of the ad staying on the Side of the screen and me zooming in on what I want, the ad picks itself up an covers the centre of the screen so it looks like I have tried to zoom in on the ad. Very painful and annoying.

2. I was trying to have a private chat with Moose today about some electronic stuff and when I try to reply, there is a google ad sitting right over the reply box. I tried to close the ad box, the ad went away but the box remained. Please see below what I am talking about.

Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at 11.25.03 am.jpg

does it on pc too. Have to go into advanced mode to clear the add window to type a reply.

FWIW. I only use a desk top PC to access the net and have used Google for many years. I have a lot of icons on the desk top that link to sites, eg, ausfish, weather sites, you tube etc etc and I was flooded with ads , mainly on ausfish and you tube. But, I found a web browser called Brave and I am currently giving it a run. It's rave is that the ads are cut out and yes it does stop all the ads. You tube was a great test for it. Just hoping it doesn't compromise the PC. Have been using it for 3 months. So far it's been good.

Just letting you know. I use my iPhone 8 to read Ausfish, using the safari browser. I have not encountered any of the mentioned problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums

A little different but this is what I am seeing now.

CFD9C35C-64EF-4DDF-A5AF-24AA452A7BFC.jpg
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    A little different but this is what I am seeing now.

CFD9C35C-64EF-4DDF-A5AF-24AA452A7BFC.jpg
    Yep.......Same.

Just reviving this, it is still happening, sometimes you can reply to a post, or do a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    Just reviving this, it is still happening, sometimes you can reply to a post, or do a PM.
    Yep, in my case it covers the entire Quick Reply box, I find I have to hit Reply from an earlier post to be able to do anything. Was going to post a pic but I get a message that I can't do it on my mobile.

Hey dig that has been happening to me for a few months now i just scroll down enough to press i think advance

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

The ad covers Advanced. When i finally get there I'm told I cant post photos on my mobile. Havent been able to for quite a while.

Ah ok it happens to me on the laptop thats why i mostly post by mobile

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

It is getting really annoying,don't mind the adds down the side but the overlay adds that mess with the function of the site are a real pain in the arse.