Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    Ads messing with the function of the website

    Hello Mods,

    These google ads are getting intrusive and problematic.

    1. When on an iPad if I try to zoom in on a photo to get a better resolution instead of the ad staying on the Side of the screen and me zooming in on what I want, the ad picks itself up an covers the centre of the screen so it looks like I have tried to zoom in on the ad. Very painful and annoying.

    2. I was trying to have a private chat with Moose today about some electronic stuff and when I try to reply, there is a google ad sitting right over the reply box. I tried to close the ad box, the ad went away but the box remained. Please see below what I am talking about.

    Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at 11.25.03 am.jpg
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

  2. #2

    Re: Ads messing with the function of the website

    Have you tried turning it off and on again?😁

    I've got the same issue on a samsung tablet and had to go advanced to reply.

  3. #3

    Re: Ads messing with the function of the website

    Happens frequently on phone or tablet, one reason I don't post much unless I'm on the laptop.

  4. #4

    Re: Ads messing with the function of the website

    Thanks for letting me know. Ill have a look into it and see what can be done



    Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    Hello Mods,

    These google ads are getting intrusive and problematic.

    1. When on an iPad if I try to zoom in on a photo to get a better resolution instead of the ad staying on the Side of the screen and me zooming in on what I want, the ad picks itself up an covers the centre of the screen so it looks like I have tried to zoom in on the ad. Very painful and annoying.

    2. I was trying to have a private chat with Moose today about some electronic stuff and when I try to reply, there is a google ad sitting right over the reply box. I tried to close the ad box, the ad went away but the box remained. Please see below what I am talking about.

    Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at 11.25.03 am.jpg

  5. #5

    Re: Ads messing with the function of the website

    does it on pc too. Have to go into advanced mode to clear the add window to type a reply.

  6. #6

    Re: Ads messing with the function of the website

    FWIW. I only use a desk top PC to access the net and have used Google for many years. I have a lot of icons on the desk top that link to sites, eg, ausfish, weather sites, you tube etc etc and I was flooded with ads , mainly on ausfish and you tube. But, I found a web browser called Brave and I am currently giving it a run. It's rave is that the ads are cut out and yes it does stop all the ads. You tube was a great test for it. Just hoping it doesn't compromise the PC. Have been using it for 3 months. So far it's been good.


  7. #7

    Re: Ads messing with the function of the website

    Just letting you know. I use my iPhone 8 to read Ausfish, using the safari browser. I have not encountered any of the mentioned problems.


    Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Join us