Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trade a boat Australia's greatest boats

Trade a boat Australia's greatest boats

Is it on this year?
    Last winner Surtees Game Fisher 700, 2017 Decent rigg I guess

Re: Trade a boat Australia's greatest boats

I was told by a reputable dealer that this “competition” is a cash for comment exercise - no cash, no comment. This makes sense to me, the same brands keep getting a guernsey & superior brands(my opinion only) don’t get a mention.

I’d believe the ‘cash for comment’ statement. Just like the ‘camper trailer of the year’. I personally don’t take any notice of these competitions. I’d rather do my homework and talk yo people who own the product and take a lot of notice about their experience.

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish forums

I’m the same shakey, I researched for 10 years before buying & looked into all of the contending boats in this competition but decided on a far superior product which is never mentioned.

I don't disagree with any you guys comments, was just asking if it was on anymore?

This thread should change to what are the better boats that don't get a mention in this competition then
    Fibreglass?
    Plate?

Wasn't trade a boat / trailer boat in a bit of financial strife a couple years back and they were trying to turn it around? Haven't seen much content from them (including Australia's greatest boats segment) for a long time.

Ausfish Silver Member Ducksnutz's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Fibreglass- Edencraft, Coota Craft, Bass strait, Bonito, Gale Force, Hooker, Sea Devil, Camcraft etc........
    Plate- Svensson, Riptide, Performance plate, Moda, AMM, Offshore marine Master, Razorline, Rebel etc.......

There are some wonderful Australian built boats that are not mass produced but in my opinion the Ducksnutz and should be looked at in my humble opinion only.

All the best with your search. Exciting times.

Quote Originally Posted by Ducksnutz View Post
    Fibreglass- Edencraft, Coota Craft, Bass strait, Bonito, Gale Force, Hooker, Camcraft etc........
    Plate- Svensson, Performance plate, AMM, Offshore marine Master, Razorline, Rebel etc.......

There are some wonderful Australian built boats that are not mass produced but in my opinion the Ducksnutz and should be looked at in my humble opinion only.

All the best with your search. Exciting times.
    Definitely agree they are the top draw of boats but I think this competition takes into account affordability, new designs ect ect more for the average dude, but could be wrong. Some of those fibreglass boats as awesome as they are normally require massive horsepower twin motors and well over 200k.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherfriend View Post
    Definitely agree they are the top draw of boats but I think this competition takes into account affordability, new designs ect ect more for the average dude, but could be wrong. Some of those fibreglass boats as awesome as they are normally require massive horsepower twin motors and well over 200k.
    Agree mate,
    but my opinion is it’s a marketing exercise. Only the big players get invited at a cost for advertising and they are no way near the caliber or quality of above mentioned boats. I’ve missed plenty of others.
    Would be nice to have an independent review without advertising etc. to really see the ability of the hulls performance without the bullshit. The Captain magazine/ Facebook is as close as a genuine to a review as I can fathom. Probably sponsored as well.....
    but who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliduck View Post
    I was told by a reputable dealer that this “competition” is a cash for comment exercise - no cash, no comment. This makes sense to me, the same brands keep getting a guernsey & superior brands(my opinion only) don’t get a mention.
    Quote Originally Posted by shakey55 View Post
    I’d believe the ‘cash for comment’ statement. Just like the ‘camper trailer of the year’. I personally don’t take any notice of these competitions. I’d rather do my homework and talk yo people who own the product and take a lot of notice about their experience.

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish forums
    I worked in the camper trailer industry for a few years, I was fairly well involved with our marketing and I can confirm these “competitions” are won by the highest bidder. Even endorsements from people like Shauno and Graham in 4wd action are simply paid for and really have absolutely nothing to do with how the product performs, most of it’s actually scripted from the office before anyone has even looked at the product, sorry if I’m ruining the magic for anyone haha

Quote Originally Posted by Ducksnutz View Post
    Agree mate,
    The Captain magazine/ Facebook is as close as a genuine to a review as I can fathom. Probably sponsored as well.....
    but who knows.
    Yep worst of the lot....quite big dollars to get featured in 'The Captain"...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    Yep worst of the lot....quite big dollars to get featured in 'The Captain"...
    Well that’s crappy. I had a lot of respect for Jack Murphy when he had his Haines Prowler and critiqued it giving it both positive’s and negative’s and thought it was the reason he went with the captain magazine. To give honest opinions.
    The dollar buys everyone I guess.

Blog Entries

Does anyone know if Peter Webster still reviews? And if so is he independent or paid as well by boat builders?

Unfortunately all of these review sites & so called expert reviewers are all in this game to make a profit & to earn a living - it doesn't matter if it's car , boat , camper trailer , 4x4 etc etc
    Advertising dollars rule ….. & hence why you shouldn't expect a truly unbiased review or demonstration of flaws - eg Toyota Hilux . You just cant bag the biggest selling brand & one of the highest selling vehicles in the country - the flaws get fluffed over or just ignored ….. and yet they appear on everyones review & everyones best of.

There are no doubt some magnificent boutique boat builders out there ……. but in the end most are out of the reach of the average boat buyer and most of them wont appear on the floor of boat yard …… so you really should expect to see them in any best of and besides these builders rely on word and mouth ….. .& probably couldn't cope with any increases in production which come on the back of winning a best of.

Cash for comment rules

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Thought I read somewhere that John Willis and Trailerboat Magazine had parted company ??? He was always one of the driving forces behind the greatest trailerboats write ups.