Thread: Garmin tranny

Garmin tranny

Put some grooves into my transducer on the ramp. I'm worried it might be affecting the picture, especially the side image where there are some messy bits on the picture. Can you sand off the transducer at all with sandpaper or similar or am I better off leaving it alone.

Re: Garmin tranny

Quote Originally Posted by Sheik View Post
    Put some grooves into my transducer on the ramp. I'm worried it might be affecting the picture, especially the side image where there are some messy bits on the picture. Can you sand off the transducer at all with sandpaper or similar or am I better off leaving it alone.
    How deep are the grooves, you might be able to fill the grooves with an epoxy resin and it would need sanding back and buffing as this would be creating turbulence which should be affecting both side and depth. Unfortunately the transducer can be the most expensive part of a sounder set up.

Yeah thanks Dig, I haven't been game to price one. Grooves are not all that big, epoxy might be a good idea thanks.

Have you tried it since the grooves. If so how is the performance?

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish forums

YEah, I think there's more clutter than there used to be esp in side view around the top of the water column. But I'm no expert and can never decide what's normal and what's abnormal with the side view.