Thread: Daiwa Morethan 2510PH-10 rod recommendation

Ausfish Silver Member Ducksnutz's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Daiwa Morethan 2510PH-10 rod recommendation

Hello all,

I’ve received this reel as a gift from the kids. Was wondering if anyone could recommend a rod or if they had the same reel what rod they have it paired with.
    7 foot or there about’s predominantly soft plastics for squire/snaps and small slugs for small pelagics in the bay.

I feel it’s not really a finesse reel more robust and heavier for estuary fishing.
    Budget not a concern. Appreciate all comments and recommendations.

Re: Daiwa Morethan 2510PH-10 rod recommendation

I dont think that there is any stand out rod here - it may boil down to design / configuration etc etc - what line class you wish to use etc

my advice would be to grab the reel & fit it on various rods to see which feels best ……… Wilson venom
    RLFVS9 12-30lb would be a good starting point. Samurai Kestral
    KE502-70
    15-30lb another - both are quality rods - but different in configuration. 7ft rods with light tip but plenty of backbone .

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Blog Entries

Thanks Nagg.

I have the older version Branzino 3000 on a Eric Grell rod that is my favourite set up. Unfortunately he’s not making them anymore. I do like the look of the Venoms and will head your advice and take it into the tackle warehouse and have a feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ducksnutz View Post
    Thanks Nagg.

I have the older version Branzino 3000 on a Eric Grell rod that is my favourite set up. Unfortunately he’s not making them anymore. I do like the look of the Venoms and will head your advice and take it into the tackle warehouse and have a feel.
    sounds like a plan - it also gives you a chance to fit it on some more obscure rods & who knows you might end up with a winner .
    A little suggestion is to have the reel spooled & when you fit the reel run the line through the guides & load the rod up …….. it's much better than having someone just grab the tip of the rod

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Actually another rod that comes to mind is the
    Millerods Beast Buster LongCast

It's on my shopping list as a dedicated plastics snapper rod - I think the skeletal butt arrangement would really suit the Morethan well (certainly better than the Venom).

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Actually another rod that comes to mind is the
    Millerods Beast Buster LongCast

It's on my shopping list as a dedicated plastics snapper rod - I think the skeletal butt arrangement would really suit the Morethan well (certainly better than the Venom).

Chris
    Thanks Nagg!

That looks the goods and exactly what I’m after. I’ll ring tackle world at Lawnton in the morning and see if they have one in stock to have a feel with the reel. If not I’ll take a punt and purchase directly.
    I completely forgot that Ian was still making rods. I thought he sold out to Shimano and his designs were made in China.

Quote Originally Posted by Ducksnutz View Post
    Thanks Nagg!

That looks the goods and exactly what I’m after. I’ll ring tackle world at Lawnton in the morning and see if they have one in stock to have a feel with the reel. If not I’ll take a punt and purchase directly.
    I completely forgot that Ian was still making rods. I thought he sold out to Shimano and his designs were made in China.
    Ian is still making his rods but also has a more affordable production range ( nothing to do with the rods that he designs on behalf of Shimano) …….. don't be discouraged by the production range though - awesome rods at about 2/3rds the price

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Blog Entries

Much appreciated Nagg.