Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New police boat

New police boat

Just saw the new police boat to service the bay islands on the news and there's a switch to turn it invisible at night at 80kmh on the water well I hope no one runs into it or it into you, and theres also a new badge with a onboard lock up .

Re: New police boat

So no one is curious how they can run at night with out being seen while we have to run navigations lights to be visible, im still unsure why they want to do this so no one can see them coming I'm pretty sure you will here them coming at full noise doing 80kmh.

As a saucy redhead from ipswich would say .......please explain

Well they can safely exceed the speed limit on the road while we all know every k over is a killer and use mobile phones when driving because they are "specially trained"...
    Same deal I expect.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Infrared vision?

I would expect as much and being law enforcement they will have access to the better grade units. Also has radar.

We have had these boats for some time now they are RIB fast response boats our police use them in botany bay we have only just heard them passing at about 65-70kph one night no lights on they have special windows they can see out but u cannot see in and see there sceenes and monitors, we have been pulled up on dusk by them one time and have been pulled up by other models open CC RIB fast response boat manned by police with fisheries on board

The main police boat came up on starboard side asked for license done a basic safety check there boat was almost silent they went around to starboard and pinched me for no rego label but i had explained i just bought the quinni cruiseabout they ran a check and it came back as registered to a descesed person explaned havent transfered rego they took off and sat in front of us about 100 meters as the sun set they sat there for about 40mins can only assume they were checking the rego

In the dark we could only see the shape of the boat and that they were still sitting there they booted off unscene

Bloody incredible technology

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

looks like the QLD police want to have boats like florida, just chuck in some high speed columbian drug runner boats or some stabicraft and we got ourselfs a boat chase hell yeah fire up those three outboards on my rubberduckie and let us catch some bad boys bad boys what ya gonna do when they come for you . taxpayer dollars working hard out.

Lol Cat around botany bay i think they will use them to catch criminals and hoons on jetskis police boat does about 90kph jetskis would do about 145-150kph i use to often hear of chases from botany bay up into the georges river its a huge and very long water way that almost comes up to me actually a creek right behind my house leaches on to the chipping norton lake (georges river) and im 45mins from the coast

With these police boats they can track a jetskiier that takes off and does a runner with there radar and eventually nab the crooks if they trailer the jetski and take off before they get there

Along with the fast response RIB boats marine police in botany bay were allocated high speed jetskis too

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

Yeah mate, they pulled us up whilst we were fishing last Thursday night in the post...this was after they were doing donuts and high speed turns right next to us. But as they say, one rule for them...
    I have to admit, the guys were good and its a helluva machine!
    Regards
    The Complete Angler
    Fish Responsibly

Wonder if he was using the infared

Thats very sad and very funny at the same time, you would not want to be asleep in the focsle with a prop chewing the hull up as your laying in bed.

rumor has it that he was assisting the boat to park in a more orderly fashion

Apparently he was a tug boat captain before his career change

Like I said ..."specially trained"

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk